92' Rocky Mountain.....FINISHED trail pics added..

wired99":17ei9uct said:
magas":17ei9uct said:
that Stratos is a nice one :cool: you'r doing right changing the rims to the black ones - 92 is a great Rocky vintage ;)

riding pos. is OK for you ? - my back would sent a protest note :LOL:

I think I was just trying to be clever with the other rims whereas black now seems like the obvious choice.

I am 'hoping' riding position is gonna be ok, put it that way. It does looks a little steep :roll:

it was too steep for me. you can raise the stem some as opposed to pushing it down flush like you have. see my pic posted prev in your thread, it's raised about an 1".

Yeah, I am gonna raise it a little bit I think :D
Pedal-wise, not sure. I actually ride SPDs so might go for them I guess... Although XTs would look a lot better :roll:

wired99":1tk8a1st said:
Yeah, I am gonna raise it a little bit I think :D
Pedal-wise, not sure. I actually ride SPDs so might go for them I guess... Although XTs would look a lot better :roll:

how about some Shimano PD-M323 pedals? flats one one side, SPD on the other? then you can run with whichever you feel without changing pedals. :LOL:

also have a couple of sets of XT M735 pedals. ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... &start=117

Well, been a while but have finally finished the Rocky Mountain Stratos :D
Took her out this morning for her first run and, apart from a slightly loose headset, she rode like a dream - pretty light, really responsive and just glided up the hills. The set up is pretty steep but actually found it a really comfortable ride. So, thanks to everyone who submitted parts and advice, here she is back on the trails where she rightfully belongs..

(Will do full spec sheet later on today)

rmount006.jpg

rmount002.jpg

rmount001.jpg

rmount007.jpg

Spec sheet:-

Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Rocky Mountain
Handlebar: Rocky Mountain
Grips: Odi Attack

Brakes: XT M730
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: XTM730
Brake Levers: XT STi 7 Speed

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: XT M736
Rear Derailleur: XT M732
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: XT 7 speed
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Ritchey Logic

Chainrings: Tioga / Blackspire

Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Shimano 520

Hub Skewers: WTB
Rims: Rigida Turbo 90
Hubs: XT M732

Tyres: IRC Mythos 1.95
Tubes: Continental / Presta

Saddle: Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Syncros

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, really appreciate it.
I raised the stem a notch and sorted the headset today and went for another spin. Just LOVE IT!! Really proud to be a Rocky owner...I have come a long way in a very short time :D

Now, onto the Super Sierra build!

Back