1985 Saracen Conquest - Finished - 05/10/2011

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Some pics of the beastie as it arrived.

Condition is good, the components have a bit of surface rust in places but the chain/freewheel/chain wheels look in remarkably good shape, even the original rigida stickers are still on the rims!

Paint/finish is OK, not real rust to speak of.

Plan is:

New:
m700 shifters
Brooks B66
Deer Head Rear Mech.
Tyres (Tioga black wall chunkie things)
Sponge grips
New Brake Blocks
Pedals - not sure what these should be - any suggestions?

Clean, polish the rest, one day re-spoke it with stainless.

dsc0606n.jpg

dsc0607q.jpg

dsc0608r.jpg

dsc0609l.jpg

dsc0610o.jpg

dsc0611j.jpg

dsc0612z.jpg

dsc0613j.jpg

dsc0614z.jpg

dsc0615k.jpg

dsc0616k.jpg

Cool :cool: :cool: out of interest what size is it

If its any help the pedals that are on the bike in the pics are the same as the ones that came on my kili flyer.
I don't know if they were original as I only bought it a few months ago and the old guy it came from wasn't the first owner.

kaya":aflwrdl3 said:
Cool :cool: :cool: out of interest what size is it

If its any help the pedals that are on the bike in the pics are the same as the ones that came on my kili flyer.
I don't know if they were original as I only bought it a few months ago and the old guy it came from wasn't the first owner.

I think its 23" c to c (will measure it when I get home at the end of the week).

Cheers for the info on the pedals - seems like a bit of a coincidence that we both have the same if they aren't original..... they'll do for now :D

cor blimey........seeing that brings back very fond memories...... :D :shock: :cool:

Bit of and update - now have all the bits to put it back to its former glory;

dsc1035k.jpg

Brooks B66 Saddle;

dsc1037m.jpg

XT Deerhead Rear Mech & new Sponge Grips;

dsc1038p.jpg

NOS m700 thumbies;

dsc1036t.jpg

Panaracer IBEX Tyres, (never seen these before but they look the part I think);

dsc1039z.jpg

Am now cracking on with cleaning/polishing the original bits - would like to have it done for the next Cotswolds meet :D

Back