• RockiMtn's 1996 Dekerf Generation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • andrewl's OffRoadToad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John":ecbbbi4b said:
A few points.

1. Would agree Canadian made was perhaps a little restrictive with hindsight. Will take that on board.

Not sure I agree with it being too restrictive - ok, there are relatively few brands represented but it's a 'Special' month which is quite often single brand specific.

Anyway, a top selection of bikes, in particular the lovely Brodie's, andrewl's retina searing Toad and FMJ's DeKerf (especially for the backstory to the latter). But I'm drawn most to Woody's lovely Blizzard.

As an aside, most of the bikes here would look so much better with amberwalls, to my eyes at least. I completely understand the rationale to using modern tyres but this is a competition where the look counts for a lot.

Lots of lovely stuff :D but all the Brodies catch my eye and two have niggles so sovereigns does it for me! Solid month though!

John":lb99iqm2 said:
A few points.

1. Would agree Canadian made was perhaps a little restrictive with hindsight. Will take that on board.
2. @roc6839 have entered your Tantalus, we ask all bikes entered be owned by members of this site.
3. @canuckinboston one entry only, have entered the Brodie on your behalf.
4. @24pouces, sorry, Canadian made only.

John, I do believe Neil G's Blizzard is neither retro, nor made in Canada frame.

ededwards":lb99iqm2 said:
As an aside, most of the bikes here would look so much better with amberwalls, to my eyes at least. I completely understand the rationale to using modern tyres but this is a competition where the look counts for a lot.

I don't agree with that statement one bit. I had black wall smokes on my RM in 1990/1. So it's a matter of preference with amber or black for one's build.

ededwards":1hgw7nva said:

I agree but unfortunately I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a set of period correct tyres to arrive...

John":14n4210q said:
A few points.

There's 18 bikes up for the vote, in my opinion thats a pretty good number even with the restriction.

The Dekerf full-susser has rarity value and I have a soft spot for Toads, but it's sovereign's eponymous Brodie for me.

Back