Anyone lend me a cycle bag suitable for a plane ride?

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all. Might be a long shot but do any of you have a bike bag that you'd be prepared to lend me for a few weeks? *Might* have scored a bike in the USA that my nephew could collect when he goes over in a couple of weeks so it'd need to be the style used to take your pride and joy abroad.

Obviously I'd replace the bag if for any reason it didn't return in the condition it left and I'd do the collection/return.

Any help would be super as it would save me paying through the nose to get it shipped and might also allow me to own one of my few remaining Unicorns. :D

brocklanders023":12i307bd said:
Hello all. Might be a long shot but do any of you have a bike bag that you'd be prepared to lend me for a few weeks? *Might* have scored a bike in the USA that my nephew could collect when he goes over in a couple of weeks so it'd need to be the style used to take your pride and joy abroad.

Obviously I'd replace the bag if for any reason it didn't return in the condition it left and I'd do the collection/return.

Any help would be super as it would save me paying through the nose to get it shipped and might also allow me to own one of my few remaining Unicorns. :D

Mmmmm what could it be?

I was in Ambleside on Sun and the bike shop rented out those cycle hard case things, maybe an option for you?

Cheers for the response chaps. Not saying what it is for now in case I curse it!!

Thanks Ed. If it works out and no one closer can help I'm prepared to have a drive down to sunny Derby. :cool:

anybody you know going to the Sherwood Pines ride on the 5th - I could hand over there - I *think* I'm going to that.

I will be there Edd(o71) but if its just a bike bag big canvas type I have one too Edd(brock)

Thanks again for the great offers! You have PM Rob.
Now the question is..... Will a lighter canvas bag do the job or should I go for the bigger hard case?
Obviously the hard one will be better but I guess the canvas one would bring the cost down and maybe fit in a suitcase on the way out? Any experiance or advice would be most helpful ;)

Back