another bike auction tonight...

weps

Devout Dirtbag
well, ill be hitting the last of the spring bike auctions tonight. not sure what ill find, but maybe there will be something worthwhile. overall, ive been pleased with this seasons finds, so i wont be too disappointed if theres nothing to bring home.

so far:

scott windriver w/xc 9000 - $9.00
nishiki alien w/xt - $40.00
some type of newer mid range schiwinn that had brand new xt levers and v brakes installed. definitely not oem. - $30.00
an interesting and excellent condition schwinn sprint (1970's - schwinn leightweight) with curved seat tube and fillet brazing. also has headlamp and rear rack. could be a nice commuter project. $2.00

there were several parts bikes in there as well that typically ran me a dollar or two. i've started putting together a few very functional and capable bikes from the assortment and will unload them on the incoming round of college students as commuter bikes. all said, the alien, the xc9000, and the xt brake stuff will end up costing me nothing and i might have enough cash left over for a nice dinner and a few cases of ale. :D

not sure what the deal was. things seemed to be selling very cheaply with many bikes not even receiving bids. it has been an excellent source of parts and i will have to look for similar auctions in nearby areas.

most of the bikes come from uni students who abandon them at the end of semester. many were also recovered stolen property that no owners could be found for.

Back