Raleigh Road Bike Archive? help needed...

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Long shot, but is there an archive of Raleigh road bikes somewhere? with pics? I'm trying to trace the model of Raleigh road bike my father had in the 80's/ early 90's.
From what I remember it was nothing special, red frame with some black (possibly chequer flag style?) decals, maybe the model name was in yellow?, and the tyres were skinwalls with just a simple grooved tread (just like lines of tread around the circumference of the tyre (III) ).

not much to go on I know, but I'm sure if I saw a pic of it I'd recognise it immediatley.

Thanks guys, Old Ned I have registered on that forum and will ask the question there as well :D

I can picture the bike in my head and am sure if I saw one I would instantly recognise it... the name Spirit or Free spirit rings a bell ( :LOL: ) and I've seen a few pics on Google, but none which look like the bike I'm searching for.

kula":2g38rpzu said:
A long shot, maybe a Grand Prix

you know what, I just thought of that the other day too, it fits with the chequer flag type decal I remember.

don't suppose anyone has any info on the Grand Prix bike?

btw, the Raleigh forum linked to by Old Ned doesn't appear to be active? looking on the forum the most recent posts are from early this year, and my account still hasn't been activated yet :cry:

jimo746":3rv14882 said:
kula":3rv14882 said:
btw, the Raleigh forum linked to by Old Ned doesn't appear to be active? looking on the forum the most recent posts are from early this year, and my account still hasn't been activated yet :cry:

Oh dear, I haven't been a regular user and not opened it for a while but what you say does look as if it might be the case. If so, it's a pity because it is a good source of Raleigh info.

Back