• WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
That was 5 years ago :shock:

That would be fantastic to meet up! I haven’t done much riding lately except for commuting (being a single dad takes up a lot of time and energy). I have no idea of where things are in Melbourne because I’ve never been there before. As I’m flying Tiger I will have minimal luggage (eg clothes), so it's whatever I can fit in my day pack. What pedals do you use? I can bring down a spare set of Times and my shoes.

His mother is dropping him off at the airport (he is only 5) where I pick him up, then we fly home.

LQQK":1ej9q3e6 said:
That was 5 years ago :shock:

Actually, looking at my details in the side-bar it must have been ~ August 2006. Yep, close to 5 years!

That would be fantastic to meet up! I haven’t done much riding lately except for commuting (being a single dad takes up a lot of time and energy). I have no idea of where things are in Melbourne because I’ve never been there before.

Don't worry about the fitness. Riding is way down the priority list during a Melbourne RB meet (as the boys can attest... :LOL: ). I'm sure I/we can fill in your day,as long as we have some notice.

As I’m flying Tiger I will have minimal luggage (eg clothes), so it's whatever I can fit in my day pack. What pedals do you use? I can bring down a spare set of Times and my shoes.

Be careful checking in with Tiger! A good friend of mine got to the Tiger check-in literally 1 minute late with Wife, 4 year old & 6 mth old & was turned away... :roll: I don't have any Time pedals any more, but I sure do have a pedal spanner or 2! :LOL:

His mother is dropping him off at the airport (he is only 5) where I pick him up, then we fly home.

I assume he's being dropped off ~ an hour/hour & a half before your return flight? We can work to any sort of plan at the end of the day.

how very dare you sir....... ;)

Hey Az, my fellow Kiwi workmate has a grand to spend on a New Avanti, what deals can you do for him?

It looks like I’ll be down in Melbourne on Saturday 9 July.

What just dawned on me was I was going to throw a pair of shorts and a T-shirt in my day pack to go riding. We are talking Melbourne in the middle of winter :shock: The only long pants I own are work pants and I don’t own a jumper. It dropped to below 20c the other night and I put every blanket I have on the bed (it was freezing it got to 17c that night). I’m used to the heat, humidity and rain – but the cold is another storey.

On a positive side I’ve been cleaning out the shoe boxes full of parts and have some karma parts I was going to put up on RB (my promise if I got through Yasi alive). I guess the Melbourne posse can have first dibs as it will save a bit on postage, I’ll get a list of stuff up over the weekend

Also I might be able to return the favor if someone needs somewhere to stay for Gravitate 2011.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/gravitate ... 903?v=wall

OK blokes, I had a day off today, so had a look around Lysterfield. All of the tracks on the south side are open. Next Sunday anyone, about 11?
BTW, how many "official" meets before John grant us our very own section in the Events and area Groups section? I'll try for the 9th July for LQQK, but I'll have to excuse myself from Auskick, or I wont be anywhere near the airport before 1 PM.!
Pete.

Back