And today I did......

Aye, one of my favourites that ein. Ripped the sidewall out of the rear tyre a few miles from home so had some time to kill while my brother went for the hire car, wasn't a bad spot to hang about...

jimihendrix":36omta2s said:
Made a start with the paint on the E3, colours are Ford Strato Silver (a realy bright silvery silver used on Capri's etc) and VW Brilliant Orange.

SAM_0246.jpg

Dont know what these forks are from, suspect CycloCross ?, brake boss's have been added/altered, seem mega light at 700 grams :shock:, will paint these orange (and hope they dont break).

SAM_0247.jpg

Some bits, mostly XT, Richey Logic headset, waiting on a set of L&M cranks which will be polished, probably go with a USE seatpost and the usual Flite saddle.

SAM_0248.jpg

First i did not like the paint jimi but it has really grown on me i think i would go silver for the front fork to- shaping up to look very nice, you got decals?

clockworkgazz":1dpn6gj0 said:
First i did not like the paint jimi but it has really grown on me i think i would go silver for the front fork to- shaping up to look very nice, you got decals?

Was intending to do it the same patern as the Clockwork but orange/silver instead of orange white, went with orange stays/silver mainframe as a last minute impulse :LOL:, Rocky Mountain inspired maybe ?

Strange thought on the silver forks though, i thought orange forks would balance the look :?

Did buy stickers off Ebay but the downtube ones are far too big (think they are for a Patriot or something :roll:), will get ones that fit during the week, stickers will be orange coloured.

Would love an orange Flite Rob, have a red one which may look ok if i fit some red anodized bits too ?

Popped doon to Kastle K tonight for a borrow of his Allez. Blethered for a bit, eyed the lovelies assembled in the cupboard of cool, wondered at the mysterious anti-grav Planet X and last but not least met the lovely little Mila briefly.

Much appreciated K, I think I'm looking forward to some road miles.

Cool one ZZ, I've still not put many road miles on the racer, brought it home to ride but took the gt out because of the weather.

Back