• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Apparently some people chose to minimalize their chances by posting blurry pics of their fine bikes :roll: We can do better people :LOL: Starting with next month.

This is this month's line up you can chose from. Put in your votes!

Slotcar55's Galmozzi Super Competizione >>>

img_0004_160.jpg

Stauqmuk's Specialize Allez Epic >>>

allez_epic_137.jpg

Stedlock's Hetchins Magnum Bonun Scorpion >>>

24l6icy.jpg

Piperdave's Raleigh Cadet 12 'Panasonic' >>>

Adjusted.jpg

The Don's Klein Quantum Pro >>>

5648878410_dbe6174230_b.jpg
[/img]

I'm really sorry about the Photos..... I know it's too late, but I have acquired a camera now...... I've also got an iPhone 4 which is better than the rubbish one I used for that picture.....:0(

Sorry, folks......

I'm voting for Stedlock's Hetchins because -

A. Its gorgeous and clearly the best bike
B. I'm duty bound after much 'brick taking' :)

P.s where is the trusty brick?

On a personal level I don't see how a bike with either a threadless steerer or STI/Ergo shifters can be retro so that excludes the Klein and Specialized. Out the others it's a tough choice between the Hetchins and the Raleigh. I've always liked that Panasonic livery but the bonkers rear triangle of the Hetchins wins in the end.

Mark.

I surprised myself -- I like the Klein!
The Hetchins is sweet to, I bet that rides beautifully.
But gotta go for Slotcar55's Galmozzi Super Competizion which just looks bang on - sleek, simple, and oh so stylish. Yet again Slotcar55 gets my vote :D

My photography is rubbish, but I have put a couple of snaps in the readers bikes section as elev suggested......If anyone wants to take some better photos for me, feel free!!

By the way, it does ride fantastically!!

Surprised!

I had some votes! I honestly didn't think I'd get any as mine doesn't really fit the retro image especially with the Rev X as they don't get much love from people usually. The Quantum Pro looks like a modern race bike and rides like a modern bike too.

But it truly is fabulous! It's my only and everyday training bike. It is so light, and so stiff. Gary Klein certainly taught the industry a thing or two. And the paintwork is amazing, the pearl yellow seems to be a bit rarer (or maybe it was less popular) but on sunny days really stands out.

I hope more people can pick up and modernize more Kleins and make the most of these amazing frames. But I guess people prefer to pick up cheap carbon frames from china nowadays!

Congrats to all entrants.

The Retrobike May 2011 rBoTM is Slotcar55's Galmozzi Super Competizione.

Full result

1. Slotcar55's Galmozzi Super Competizione
2. Stedlock's Hetchins Magnum Bonun Scorpion
3 = Piperdave's Raleigh Cadet 12 'Panasonic'
3 = The Don's Klein Quantum Pro

A very worthy winner, right from the start.

Many thanks to those who voted for my Raleigh. I really just entered it to bulk up the field :oops:

Dave

Back