look what I just bought!

Miles

Devout Dirtbag
After narrowly missing out on one yesterday on ebay I saw this today...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Klein-Attitude-Mo ... dZViewItem

It seemed like an OK deal so went for it... Guess I'm gonna have problems finding a headset to fit the original fork though?

Can't wait to get it!

Miles

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Try talking to the guys at Trek UK 01908 282626. They used to be able to get the cartridge bearings from a British supplier. They had the tool to fit them and would do it or a reasonable price.

Shipping

Thanks for the comments.

Kase1983 - I definitely intend to get the original forks on ASAP so will let you know as soon as I do. Are they '97 Judy SL?

Anyway, can anyone help with the shipping probs the guy seems to be having?

Just received an email from the seller that reads as follows:

Hello Miles,
Well. This is more of a mission than I thought. The dimensions of the box
that will fit everything is too large for shipping via US postal. The rate
that I got from UPS to ship this one box is almost $400.00. WOW!!!! I
calculated that if I send the bike in two boxes, then I can ship US postal
and it will come out to between $180.00 and $210.00. I am not sure as to the
exact amount because of the weight in question when I do the two seperate
boxes. The box for the frame will fall right within US postal specs for size
allowed. If I do it this way, the shipment will take 4 to 10 days to get
there.
Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas.
Jose

Anyone know what I can suggest to him to try?

Cheers,

Miles

i will check into this and see if his facts are accurate. ive been given wrong info by post office before. it sounds as if he is planning to send it by 'air'. is this a requirement? land shipping may allow much larger packages.

Thanks Weps - that's really good of you. Nope by air is not a requirement at all.

I've had the same problem here with Royal Mail. Had to send a speaker off for repair which turned out to be about 1" too long or something according to several post offices but then turned out they were wrong and they're obliged to take pretty much any size parcel...! I'm not a fan of Royal Mail...

Cheers,

Miles

they're obliged to take pretty much any size parcel...!

There are limits set for the guidance of sub-postmasters, but they are at the discretion of the individual post offices - if they don't want to take it, they don't have to. My old post office (now closed) once took a 25" Dawes Galaxy with the wheels on and a bit of cardboard wrapped round it. My new post office get the tape measure out for everything, even though it's invariably still 30% under the limit.

The post offfice has/is changing its pricing policy from weight to size. they may be obliged to take any size of parcel but they can now charge a lot if its to go by post. They should take any size by parcel force although make sure you insure it as in my experience they are quite good at losing things.

my mate tink once sent a frame royal snail & despite using a rea axle spacer, the rear axle spacing was around 40mm when it arrived :(
(axle spacer had moved under the massive compression... probs backed over it in a 38Tonner ;)

Back