Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Another Dave here.

I stumbled on this website while doing some 'research' during work hours, now suitably inspired, wife will be very pleased.

cheers

A big hello!

Hello,
Just joined this awesome site today! Stumbled across the site when got into a conversation at work about bikes we had when we we're younger, a quick Google search for 'Raleigh Striker' and hey presto here I am. Wish i still had the Striker now for my son's.......

Still riding retro tho, built my bike with a friend over 10 years ago and she is sill going strong. 94 Manitou hardtail!! There are so pics in readers MTB's
www . retrobike.co.uk /forum/viewtopic.php?t=150513

Happy building and riding folks

Dan

Hello all
Im new and getting back into bikes after 13 years. I raced Bmx at a decent level as a teen then raced moto x and have always had and built up all manor of bikes. Ive just started looking for a bike, first i thought cannondale Bad Boy? test rode one and changed my mind and then started browsing ebay etc. Thats what led me here and i LOVE the place!!! Ive found a 88 fire mountain on here the same as my last bike that i built up same paint (black with pink splatters) im just waiting on a reply to see if he wants to sell it :?: but with all the bikes bits etc for fair money on here my mind changes hourly! i posted a question in a forum the other day(what can i get for £500) and have had some good responses from freindly people.
Thank to all and looking forward to dealing/trading with you some time soon ;)

G'd afternoon all.

Calvin here. Just picked up a 2003 Scapin columbus steel hardtail frame on eBay to match my road bike.

Looking forward to building it up!

Hello all,

I´ve been lurking around for a couple of months and here I am finally. I used to ride a SM1000 from Cannondale back in the days. Sold the bike (to finance a motorbike, silly) and now I´ve been bitten again by the bug. Managed to get a Klein Adroit in very nice condition (the bike I could not afford in 1991) and I feel younger again. Yes, it has to be the middle age crisis.

Regards,

José Miguel, from San Sebastian (Spain).

Hey all, posted in another thread...!

Moog":1ap66swu said:
Hi... :D

My bikes a Scott Blackstone, Bought for £15, bike's quite old don't know the year of manufacture, sometime in the 90's...?

The bikes great for commuting, quite light 4130 frame, very comfortable and makes easy work of a 20 mile run.

The bikes in pretty good condition very light rust, the only real problem I'm having to deal with right now is the drivetrain. The 8 speed cassette 8th gear has broken [missing 4 teeth] the bike is still rideable, 8th gear is not available through the range :roll:

Originally Shimano IG components it's looking like these are no longer made!

I'd like to restore/customize the bike with as much original parts as possible and continue using this bike for a long a possible.

Priority number 1 is the cassette and ultimately a new drivetrain. I was quoted £175 from my local bike shop, quite a high price considering on ebay for sale recently another restored Scott Blackstone sold for £142...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back