1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium

Sorted out my silly granny gear issue temporarily :roll:, and took it out for it's maiden voyage with the re-build. It's been crappy and raining for the past week or so, so excuse the poor outdoor pics as it was overcast and already getting dark. :p

Fairly sure the Revos are staying. Sorry guys! :LOL:

Initial thoughts… it's the most upright riding bike to date, largely to do with the high rise Syncros stem. Seems more comfortable than my prev build. Not confident with the tyres when making sharper turns. Seems very squirrelly. :(

So only a few things left to sort out. Clean up the cabling, tune the cantis brakes, refinish the Revos, get some new decals, and install Syncros COM. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 2,065
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 2,065
That looks sharp! I really like it. Some new decals on the crank arms would be a nice finishing touch.

Thats Very nice :cool: . Loving all the Syncros and can't wait to see it finished with new decals etc. Possibly the nicest RM I've seen on here....

RockiMtn":1gxdllio said:
Initial thoughts… it's the most upright riding bike to date, largely to do with the high rise Syncros stem. Seems more comfortable than my prev build. Not confident with the tyres when making sharper turns. Seems very squirrelly. :(
I know that's the fork the frame was designed for, but that picture makes it look like a very steep head angle. Add to that the fact that it was designed for a longer stem and you may have a fairly sharp/even twitchy set up there. That could be contributing to a squirrely cornering feel.

I know the stem you've fitted is a reasonable length, but the fact that it has so much rise makes it effectively shorter, as it's the perpendicular distance from the steerer (extended) to the bar that determines steering action.

Having said that, it could be also that it will take a ride or two to adapt your existing 'loading it up to the max' cornering style to the higher front end and more upright posture.

The squirrelly feeling I'm getting is i believe from the tyres. riding the soft umma gumma corner treads on hard pavement don't make me feel confident turning. that being said, i'll need to test them out on some trails. :)

i also swap in another set of wheels/tyres and give it ago to confirm.

hi all
there was mention that this rocky mountain titanium was available for 3 years of production. someone stated that this one was a 1991 because of the cable mounts on the head tube. are there any other identifing characteristics that can be noted to separate the other years apart from each other. this is a beauty of a bike. dents and all!!!!! :D
thanks
roy

hi all
still interested to hear if anyone can tell the differences between years these frames were made. anyone?
thanks
roy

The picture of the Ti Bolt in my '93 Rocky Mountain catalog has the cable stops on the top tube. That eliminates '93 as a possible production date.

Back