Big Dirty Weekender

Please give Vern the time and space to organise this gents. We all would like confirmation of dates etc and these will come in due time.

As far as i'm concerned Vern needs only organise a Saturday ride and suggest a pub for tea/beers afterwards. Past that we are all grown ups capable of organising our own campsites etc.

zigzag":4joo2cix said:
I certainly don't need a camp-site or an audience to mince about in lycra ;)

very true, car parks are always an option ;)

want to go but holidays are around that time but will try and work round it.

I spoke to Si last night and the word is that Vern is going to launch BDW3 on monday morning. Dates have been confirmed as 8-9-10th July and the location is Ambleside in Cumbria. Having seen photos from the recce its going to be fantastic.

As I feared, Retrobikes gone corporate or some such, no longer just old blokes on old bikes getting together just for a laugh :(

Does this mean MacRetro's Drumlanrig event needs liability insurance and all that :?

Hey guys, why dont MacRetro raid Whinlatter Trail centre near Keswick in the lakes that weekend anyway. Great trail centre, great scenery and for those that dont want to hang around its only 130miles approx from central belt Scotland :D

Back