RetroBike Special Event: Mountain Mayhem 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
just been to the chiropractor to get sorted and asked some advise on the race, he says training, training and training.get fit and stretch.so quess what........i will,when wifey lets me lol.

just won a turbo trainer type thing om ebay so gonna get spinning when i can and ride the hell outta my local.......and andy b's trails :twisted:

we will win................................something lol

i am getting excited about this now, started planning which bikes to bring, been to the 'go camping' shop to suss out prices on a few bits of kit i felt i was missing last year, working out how it's all gonna fit in the van, booked the nightshift off so i can get there on thursday afternoon.

believe it or not the vit t2 and the explosif are already prepped although there are a couple of upgrades due for the vit t before mayhem.

training wise i'm going ok, not superfit but then i haven't been superfit for years but a few laps on the 10 man team won't be an issue :D

:D :D

jonnyboy666":x2yb3kf5 said:
i am getting excited about this now, started planning which bikes to bring, been to the 'go camping' shop to suss out prices on a few bits of kit i felt i was missing last year, working out how it's all gonna fit in the van, booked the nightshift off so i can get there on thursday afternoon.

believe it or not the vit t2 and the explosif are already prepped although there are a couple of upgrades due for the vit t before mayhem.

training wise i'm going ok, not superfit but then i haven't been superfit for years but a few laps on the 10 man team won't be an issue :D

:D :D

Now my mates wedding is out of the way, the training can begin! I've been running a few times a week, and trying to get out on some decent length, non-stop and decent paced rides.
Got a Purbecks killer planned for this weekend, along with Gravymonster and Paulie from the South team :D
As for what to ride...I'll be taking the twin roller-cam Jamis and my retro/modern Rock Lobster, and trying to get a lap on the UU racer too!

makster":2a61trmg said:
I've been running a few times a week,

Glad you are getting psyched up for the 1st lap ;)

Training wise I need to get a few more miles under my cake shelf and am hoping the purbeck pace is pleasant :cool:

I am only bringing 3 bikes this year and will be at mayhem for late a Friday am.

I've recently split with the missus and have moved up near bacup so I've been getting a fair bit of mileage in the hills ,I'll be either bringing the cadex or the p7(only purchased it today waiting for it to arrive)I'm also going to bring my ss ,dependant on course conditions (that been either dust bowl or swamp)I may do a lap on that

sorry to here you split with the missis dude.

turbo is hard work,gonna try n ride for a few hours this weekend :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back