P7 Project

...and another update. You were probably getting the gist that I liked this bike a lot and decided to treat it to some parts that suit it better.

I've added middleburn cranks with middleburn inner/middle rings and nos Tioga outer in place of the old fsa cranks.
Main reason for the change was stylistic, but also saved 250g into the bargain. Also added x-lite crank bolts for a bit of bling.

I 've replace the old lx pedals with some newer wellgo ones too, as I want to put the lx ones on something else. Switching to these wellgo's also saved about 200g !

Must add a driveside shot when its not raining ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_5107.JPG
    IMG_5107.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 830
Indeed middleburns are nice. Pain in the arse refurbing old ones though when fellow retrobikere fail to mention that the spider bolts are knackered and glued in. Why did people use to glue the bolts and why did middleburn spec such pathetic bolts in the first place? Anyway musn't grumble all sorted now.

By the way love your colour of your P7.

Yeah Mossy. I heard the middleburn alloy bolts are not so good. I have middleburn steel ones on the inner and race face ones for the outer and middle. Mine aren't quite as period correct as yours as they are rs7s, but I don't mind as they look pretty similar.

Racerx - yup I reckon it must be about 25lbs now, possibly less (and not even thought about changing tyres yet !). Bonus. Still got some more upgrades to come. Trying to make this look a bit more period correct without being too anal about it, as every bike gets parts changed in its life. I'm not willing to compromise on the bars though, as they just feel inherently right when riding.

Just a few more pics.....driveside shot of chainset and another of the frame with newly added "series 8 microbutted tubing" sticker. Thanks to Mr Panda !

Attachments

• IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_5194.JPG
    IMG_5194.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 753
....small update....
Pics of fettled mech with xt upper jockey, srp hanger bolt and probolt lower jockey bolt. Probably seems like oveerkill for an lx mech, but I just felt like doing it, so nerr, nerr, nerr ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpg
    IMG_5110.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 680
A few pics in the winter sun (and with winter tyres fitted).

Attachments

• P1000011.JPG
    P1000011.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 196
  • P1000012.JPG
    P1000012.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 196
  • P1000013.JPG
    P1000013.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 196

Latest posts

Back