1996 Votec Porsche Bike S

Here are some pictures I took today, it looks like the bike needs some cleaning ;)

Attachments

• forkside.jpg
    forkside.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 11,334
  • forkfront2.jpg
    forkfront2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11,334
  • forktop2.jpg
    forktop2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 11,334
  • forktop.jpg
    forktop.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 11,334
this is cool!~
could you tell me how to maintain or fix the suspension, becoz i got a bike S too, but somehow the air inside it has gone, it is like no suspension at all....
plz help me for this qusetion.....

That doesn't look too good !

My bike does not have air suspension, I think it has elastomers inside..

I guess you should look for a valve/nipple to fill up the fork with some air, you need a special pump for that with a decompression button and a gauge.

But I think yours is not air suspended ... Try to contact votec via their website, they might have an adress for service. Or try your local bike dealer !

I recently upgraded the bike with a new XT-770 wheelset and UST Michelin tyres. Runs very nice (lighter) but the tyres keep deflating after a few days... Is there a solution for this ?

Attachments

• newwheels.jpg
    newwheels.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 6,314
littleyiutung":gh1wlm7y said:
this is cool!~
could you tell me how to maintain or fix the suspension, becoz i got a bike S too, but somehow the air inside it has gone, it is like no suspension at all....
plz help me for this qusetion.....

Hi littleyiutung,

From your pics attached....it looks like the fork you have on your Bike S is running on springs and elastomer stack internally. I can confirm that the elastomers are shot and reduced to gooey bits sticking to your fork internals like chewing gum. ;)

If your LBS have stocks of springs & elastomer repair kits , you can buy them off the shelves and replace the worn bits yourself, just be sure of the correct spring diameter/ spring rates etc and get the elastomer bushes of the correct inner/ outer diameter measurements. You can also readjust the fork travel internally for 80/ 100/ 120 0r 140 mm travel according to your preference while doing the rebuild.

If you do need further assistance for the disassembly of the fork , do PM me, I will attach the repair instruction from the manual/ internal diagram for you.

Actually all you need to do is to:-

1. release the bolt clamps to the vario stem on the stanchions & top fork crown

2. release the the bolts holding the two cartridges on the two top caps by turning Clockwise (anti-clockwise to secure the cartridge to the fork)

3. open the two top caps on the top of the stanchion tube * High chances you may need a clamp as the caps may be held too snug to turned by hand *

4. Once undone, you will be able to push the fork down the sliders exposing your spring/ elastomer stack ( should be springs & gooey sticky bits by now !!!)

5. Release two hex bolts securing the lower part of the cartidge and you will have both catridges out for cleaning and replacement of springs & elastomer stacks ( keep those white plastic stack washers, for you may need to re-use them)

6. You will need to clean up the fork internals as the old disintegrated elastomers would have melted and stuck onto the internals. This is alot more work than just doing the replacement of springs etc ! :(

7. Stack the elastomer bushes & springs and adjust fork travel to your preference & re-install......

By the way, if you happen to be residing in Singapore , I would be glad to assist you in whatever way I can, just shoot me a PM.

Regards & Have fun ! :LOL:

those are really precious information thz a lot. ><"
becoz this bike is actually mine, it was belong to my uncle and he lent to me. I want it to look like as good as it was, hot red, huge frok and stunning logo~Porsche~

Are those parts i need to buy still buyable, especially the elastomer.

btw i live in hk. Although singapore is close, still not close enough. :D

Queste":1k58ilme said:
Runs very nice (lighter) but the tyres keep deflating after a few days... Is there a solution for this ?

Hi Queste, if you are running tubeless then i recommend Stans Sealant, spray some of that in them and your deflating troubles should be gone :)

Hi Queste,

Looks good! Perhaps you can join us next saturday at the second Holland Retro Ride in Hattem!
More info in my signature!

Cheers,
Bart

Back