Mountain Cycles Shockwave: Some help needed

skinnyboy

Senior Retro Guru
Alreet lads, just picked up this MC Shockwave frame, its in need of a complete overhaul, but that was always the case in my builds! Anyhoo, what year is it? I presume its early 00's. Also can I get service kits for it, I need a main pivot and some bushings for the shock and linkage. I'll be stripping this and getting this frame ready so I can build it fairly sharpish so need some quick answers lads ta muchly!

excuse the crapola iphone pic

224795_10150178657531051_603521050_7341549_2794326_n.jpg

have you tried betd for bushings etc?

i think you should put all them white parts in the background on it :cool:

skinnyboy":2zs59bnp said:
Alreet lads, just picked up this MC Shockwave frame, its in need of a complete overhaul, but that was always the case in my builds! Anyhoo, what year is it? I presume its early 00's. Also can I get service kits for it, I need a main pivot and some bushings for the shock and linkage. I'll be stripping this and getting this frame ready so I can build it fairly sharpish so need some quick answers lads ta muchly!

excuse the crapola iphone pic

Mine is here, at the bottom of the third page...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1112664&highlight=#1112664

Yours seems to be a similar vintage to mine, and mine is a 98/99 as far as I am aware... hope this helps! Cracking frame... you're going to love it! :D

Love the forks on yours! What sort of weight is yours? I'm still deciding on what colour to spray it. Either all white or all blue. I'm leaning towards a metallic blue with white rims and decals, and black Saint gruppo with gold highlights a'la bolts and fixings. I've just scored some Manitou Carbons for the the front so they should look trick hehe

Back