WTD: Controltech or other 1" 1/4 quill stem for Road Bi

HarryCrumb

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have aquired a 1993 R800 Cannondale and it is short of a stem

as you know they come with Controltech 1.25" stems, if anyone has any road stem in this size it will be worth considering. frame is 53cm so not too long please but I do ride road stretched out anyway.

Thanks

I've seen plenty of 1" and 1-1/8" CT quill stems for road applications, but never a 1-1/4"
:eek: :cry:

Have you contemplated the old faithful 'shim' :oops: :oops: as there's a silver one on ebay.com at the moment, but think it's 1-1/8"

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
GT-Steve":3am8qkbc said:
I've seen plenty of 1" and 1-1/8" CT quill stems for road applications, but never a 1-1/4"
:eek: :cry:

Have you contemplated the old faithful 'shim' :oops: :oops: as there's a silver one on ebay.com at the moment, but think it's 1-1/8"

yes, I have thought of all these methods, I'll see what happens. The sick thing is that the frame came with bolt, top cap, and the wedge so there is a stem somewhere in someones tool box.

Cheers Steve ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back