'Official' Retrobike Pace Serial Number Thread

robadub":1v3q3t6t said:
the bike was once owned by Donald Macgregor, don't know if he was team pace or not ? anyone heard of him ?

Nope...but he may have been part sponsored??

Welcome to the club mate

Rich

Today I have become a member of the Pace family :D
Bought myself a tatty and tired (what I believe to be) RC200F3 frame off a work college. Has had the head tube/down tube joint repaired/rewelded, was painted black and stripped with nitromors.
A project for MM next year I think as I can't make this years :cry:
Pics and serial number to follow as I left the frame at work DOH !! :LOL:

And a question to the Pace guru's, what size seat post is it likely to be if it is an RC200F3 ??? :?:

My F1 is a 27.0mm, but later models up to f5/f6 ran with 27.2mm...hopefully one of the F3 owners will be able to confirm

Welcome mate! :)

My RC 200 F6 is 29.4 according to the manual :?: not actually bought a seatpost for it yeh though can anyone confirm this ?

robadub":60vda80p said:
My RC 200 F6 is 29.4 according to the manual :?: not actually bought a seatpost for it yeh though can anyone confirm this ?

Should be right. They were shimmed to 27.2

Serial number is 18RC0825.
Seat post appears to be 29.4 (according to my digi calipers), so will prob get a USE shim and fit a 27.2 as they are more widely available.
How the rest of the build goes is anyone's guess, though I do have a Middleburn RS3 chainset I could fit :idea: but think I need to sort forks and stem 1st ;)

Back