1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Just curious if I'm reading this correctly. A Rocky Mountain Blizzard being stripped and resprayed as a Kona? Why not just use a Kona frame? That Blizz is pretty cool and kind of unique as far as tubing and the odd decals for RM.

Just curious.

Hi BP.

:LOL: Nope what I meant was the frame will be getting resprayed in white (which is the same colour as most Konas get resprayed in!) It will be getting new RM Blizzard decals.

:D

Ahh ... got it. Thanks for clarifying although I may have been the only one to read it that way. Should be sweet when its done. I have a 93 and re-sprayed it and got repro-decals to orginal. I was never a huge fan of the decals but I thought at the time, I should keep it that way ..... I kinda wish I would have had some fun with it but it's done now.

I meant to ask, what fork is that?

Have you posted any pics of your bikes on here?

The fork is a Saracen one, (I think). Not too sure if it's staying on now as I've got an early Race Face Stem that requires an alloy steerer to fit it >>>

Attachments

• small Picture 036.jpg
    small Picture 036.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,110
I have the 1994 Blizzard & have had coated recently...I got the coater to do a Gloss white then overspray with a Metallic Fleck...In dull light it has this 'Fag Ash' effect (which doesn't sound great) but in daylight it sparkles like a Pearlescent white...Much better than a plain white...

The original '94 was in 'Ice' according to the brochure but looked very 'Hammerite' in texture & finish...

tiboltrider":2c8v4w6y said:

The fork is a Saracen one, (I think). Not too sure if it's staying on now as I've got an early Race Face Stem that requires an alloy steerer to fit it >>>

They are on here somewhere. I keep meaning to group them together and take a family photo. Frank can vouch for me as far as "they do exist". If the weather here stops raining for an hour, I'll drag them out and take a photo of the bunch. The decals for the 93 turned out very well. My buddy created / printed them but he's not the fastest moving guy.

Love that RF stem, can't go wrong with that!

claret73":241ukj43 said:
RockiMtn":241ukj43 said:
registering to this thread to follow progress. ;)

I would Frank as mine's looking like it'll be a while...

not as long as mine… think it's going on 3 years or more now. :roll: :LOL:

tiboltrider":241ukj43 said:

check my FS thread, i have a similar stem for steel steerer. i may be open to a swap if needed. ;)

bagpipes":241ukj43 said:
They are on here somewhere. I keep meaning to group them together and take a family photo. Frank can vouch for me as far as "they do exist". If the weather here stops raining for an hour, I'll drag them out and take a photo of the bunch. The decals for the 93 turned out very well. My buddy created / printed them but he's not the fastest moving guy.

Love that RF stem, can't go wrong with that!

i'm not vouching anything for you. you need to get your arse on those and finish them up and post here! :roll: :LOL:

i'm not vouching anything for you. you need to get your arse on those and finish them up and post here! :roll: :lol:[/quote said:
Wow, I guess I'll have to fire up some pics of bare frames just to save face here.

BTW, hows your Blizzard, Titanium, DeKerf projects coming along all these months / years after acquiring them? LOL. You and I have much in common; we keep holding off for one particular part and then find another project to bring to 85% completion. It is a fun trip though.

Right now the Thunderbolt is the priority. Once I get the roll-a-head fork sorted out the 87 Blizzard and the 93 Equipe will be stripped down for some TLC and proper overhauls. I would love to enter the Tbolt for BOTM but it's just a perfectly resprayed frame with brand new decals on it with a complete and beautiful M900 set and just the right amount of Syncros around the seat area, stem area and head set area ........... but no fork!! (and yes I'll toss a pic up ....... but I did email them to you Frank)

The aggravation right now though is my 93 Blizzard. I can't find the fork!

bagpipes":3tfh1205 said:
Wow, I guess I'll have to fire up some pics of bare frames just to save face here.

BTW, hows your Blizzard, Titanium, DeKerf projects coming along all these months / years after acquiring them? LOL. You and I have much in common; we keep holding off for one particular part and then find another project to bring to 85% completion. It is a fun trip though.

Right now the Thunderbolt is the priority. Once I get the roll-a-head fork sorted out the 87 Blizzard and the 93 Equipe will be stripped down for some TLC and proper overhauls. I would love to enter the Tbolt for BOTM but it's just a perfectly resprayed frame with brand new decals on it with a complete and beautiful M900 set and just the right amount of Syncros around the seat area, stem area and head set area ........... but no fork!! (and yes I'll toss a pic up ....... but I did email them to you Frank)

The aggravation right now though is my 93 Blizzard. I can't find the fork!

:LOL: it's all good fun. just want to see you finish some of those beauties for you. how's that? that's a partial confirmation that you do in fact own some? :p

I'll email/pm you so we don't hijack this thread anymore.

tiboltrider… any more progress on this?

Back