Saracen Urban Cruiser

TheElectronKid

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Found this Saracen RuffTrax Pro frame at my local recycling centre, complete with rusted chainset, dodgy brakes and bright yellow suntour suspension forks.

Took it home, stripped it down and replaced the knackered bits with stuff I had lying around, plus a cheapo set of forks off ebay.

I basically wanted a bike to ride around town and do a bit of shopping on that wasn't going to be a great loss if it got stolen.

Not sure of the exact age, but I think the original Suntour Sierra Magic forks were introduced around 1998.

It may not be a high end steel frame, but it's really nice to ride and I love the colour.

Attachments

• Saracen-UC01.JPG
    Saracen-UC01.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,020
That's cool, I've built up a cheap(ish) Saracen for the same shops reasons.
Although it's changed a bit from the frame and forks I picked up cheaply off here, and now looks quite nickable.

1996_Saracen_Rufftrax.JPG

Rufftrax frame n forks.
Shimano Nexave hybrid group.
Vuelta USA Airline 1 wheels.
Slick tyres.

Cheers for the comments. I know what you mean about building a so called low end bike that ends up becoming nickable.
I don't think I could put the effort into building something that looks totally s***.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

stewlewis":3s2hyl9t said:
That's cool, I've built up a cheap(ish) Saracen for the same shops reasons.
Although it's changed a bit from the frame and forks I picked up cheaply off here, and now looks quite nickable.
1996_Saracen_Rufftrax.JPG

Rufftrax frame n forks.
Shimano Nexave hybrid group.
Vuelta USA Airline 1 wheels.
Slick tyres.

I hate to tell you this, but they've nicked your chain already :roll:!

Ah, ya see, it's an anti theft device of mine, keep a very clean chain, quick link it off when I go into the shops, laugh at the chav slipping on the pedals and smashing his teeth on the stem......

Oh OK, it's wasn't finished at time of picture.

stewlewis":11e1s46l said:
Ah, ya see, it's an anti theft device of mine, keep a very clean chain, quick link it off when I go into the shops, laugh at the chav slipping on the pedals and smashing his teeth on the stem......
Oh OK, it's wasn't finished at time of picture.

I like the anti theft idea! Not sure that the chav would notice before he tried to ride off on it?
'Suspected it wasn't quite finished, but thought I'd have a bit of fun ;)!
Nice bike just the same, always had a soft spot for Saracens, I nearly bought one when I was looking for my first Mountain Bike.

Back