Dave Hinde - what do you know?

Dont know anything about them as a frame builder but I saw that frame on ebay.

If those pics are of the ebay one it looked completely fillet brazed and very similar to my Overbury's in design, wavy seat stays, no chain stay bridge, same cable arrangement. Only difference was the seat tube clamp position.

Mine was dated by Andy POWELL at around 97.

The only Dave Hinde frames I have seen in the past were aluminium and I assumed rebaged far east jobs.

Any chance they got the steel ones built "out of house" too and rebadged them?

Luke

i had a dave hinde dragon a few years ago
it was just an areto/apro ... frame very similar to the be boss and c/b
alloy one of the time

Once seen a custom Dave Hinde SS with eccentric bottom bracket. It was a stunning frame made of high end Reynolds tubing, very nice :cool:

Duke - yep, it's the recent Ebay one. Be nice if it is anything like yours!

Just noticed that the canti stud is painted green (see pic 2) :roll: , and also in another pic it looks like there may be something stuck in the left canti stud. :? I'll just have to wait for it to arrive...

I lived near Northwich for a spell and remember when they started selling frames in the early nineties - for some reason I always thought they were rebadged Dave Yates - dunno whether that's fact mind... Strong wheelbuilder though, still riding some Hinde hoops...

Could have had a brake on that doesn't pivot directly on the stud and therefore hasn't worn the paint off ?

WD :D

I had some frame alterations, a respray and some wheels built by Dave Hinde's back in the early 90's.

No complaints from me as everything seemed to be in good order.

Reading that feedback and the responses I am almost tempted to forward to Royal Mail.

I know RM have their moments, but I imagine they would be pretty pissed if they knew they were being blamed constantly by (what seems) an utterly incompetent seller...

Easy target / excuse I guess...

BB

Back