1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium

But they're Syncros bullhorns! :p

Yeah, okay I kind of agree with you. I'll try another set of Syncros bar-ends.

Looking great! :D

Are the Z-max tyres red? Hope so!
(Didn't realise you spelt tyres with a 'y' too in Canada ;) )

beepbeep":by2z24gg said:
Looking great! :D

Are the Z-max tyres red? Hope so!
(Didn't realise you spelt tyres with a 'y' too in Canada ;) )

nope, not red. those cost too much! :LOL:

and nope, they don't spell tyres with a "y" here. proper way is tires, i just like spelling it with a "y" for some reason. :LOL:

Right then, I don't usually comment much on other people's builds as everyone has their own personal preferences but.....

For me the black parts do not look as good as the silver, and in fact that gun metal stem in an earlier pic looks lovely. Even though I know that all Syncros parts didn't come in that colour if the stem, post, cranks, forks were all in the gun metal for me it would look amazing.

sorry, can't please everyone. not even myself! :LOL:

i have my gunmetal/grey parts socked away for another build. ;)

booo! :evil:

received my CK 2nut threaded conversion kit and was all excited about finishing this off and to my dismay, it's a 1" kit even though the packaging says 1-1/8". the baseplate included was the right size though. :roll:

at least i got a set of umma gumma tyres earlier in the week to offset this disappointment. yes, i've switched from the ritchey tyres to these. :)

okay all worked out. got sent the correct size i needed and now fitted!

last thing to sort out is the darn correct spacers for the granny gear ring for the Syncros Revolution! :evil:

but then i'm all set!!! :D oh and did i mention different bar ends and some umma gummas?

Attachments

• IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,317
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,317
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,317
Why are the Chris King headset adjustable cup and lock nut black and the bearing cups silver (or is this the Ti version) ?

the pewter headset i bought 2nd hand. the bearing and stem cap had faded to almost silver compared to the cups. as i didn't have another pewter CK part to compare to, i don't know how much the cups had faded, which i assume they must have to some degree. since i bought the conversion kit new, i thought it best to get black to match the stem as opposed to risking having slightly mismatched pewter HS parts. :?

I think it was a good choice on the black headset parts, they blend with the stem fine.
I'd go I-beams though, I don't think the Revs go too well.

Back