chain reaction cycles awful customer service

pete_mcc":2y8ox1md said:
Personally I like Wiggle a bit more due to their listed stock levels. But it is good to hear that MM got stiffed by CRC, they obviously have class, maybe I should start using them again in support.

I hope you weren't throwing shots at a guy who can't defend himself on here any more intentionally?

Scott did have a item not arrive but he emailed and they sent out another.

pete_mcc":3cld7107 said:
Superb company, sure they F up once in a while but I can count the poor experiences in the single digit percentage.

Personally I like Wiggle a bit more due to their listed stock levels. But it is good to hear that MM got stiffed by CRC, they obviously have class, maybe I should start using them again in support.

:LOL:

to be fair CRC have always been great , lately postage is a bit slower than what it used to be .

I haven't had any problems with CS from CRC. This past winter I ordered some XT hydros and a month later I hadn't received them. I communicated with them through e-mail and received prompt replies. They sent me another set of brakes priority shipping and told me to just send back the original order if it ever showed up. I give them thumbs up for this. (The original order finally did show, I declined it and it was shipped back.)

Yep problems here too, nothing has arrived and still showing as available on CRC paid via Paypal so just raised a complaint (chargeback) though Paypal.

Although this could be a Royalmail issue I guess???

mikeekim89":29rli6fv said:
I hope you weren't throwing shots at a guy who can't defend himself on here any more intentionally?

Yup, I was throwing insults at him intentionally, was my point too well hidden for you?

i had an incorrect item from crc, phoned them, sorted the return and got refunded pretty quickly too.

my last order took 5 days to arrive but one of the items (2 tubes) became out of stock so they upgraded it with tubes costing double the original item i bought FOC. my only slight issue was that it took 5 days but i know from stuff i've posted in the last couple of weeks items seem to be taking RM 3-4 days to deliver now as standard whether its first class or not. I think its a deliberate ploy to push the more expensive special delivery service!

you could be right there

sometimes i used to order (quite late in the day, sometimes after 2 i believe) and get it next day 10.30 ish :shock:

thats nuts

i too have nothing but praise for CRC.
i order loads of stuff from them and have never had an issue, from single couple of quid items to 30+ item hundreds of pounds orders involving lots of different sizes and specs, and they never get anything wrong.
their technical help is excellent if you ring them, they carry loads of small, obscure spare parts that you cant get anywhere else, they actually list useful dimensions and weights for things so you can size up what youre buying for those 'special' projects, plus when you finally make your mind up on what you want, postage is free so the price you see is the price you pay.

its no wonder the grumpy, condescending, elitist high street bike shops cant compete :LOL: ;)

their postage has got slower lately, but as has been mentioned, all royal fail postage seems to be about 3 days slower than what it used to be.....

They have been good on the few times I have used them but their packaging is ridiculous. I got an A4 sized box about two inches deep for a pack of lizard skin frame protectors. The wasted space must have been 95% of the box size.

Similarly had some tubes arrive in a box inside what was nearly a shoe size box. As they are paying postage it doesnt bother me too much but is surely wasteful and pointless.

Back