Maverick Bikes ? anyone heard of them?

AdamAsh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Popped into my LBS the other day and he had this on the stand..

Didnt know what it was, just knew he had to service it :LOL: :LOL:

Thought it looked pretty funky and purposeful but had never heard of them before..

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Anyone have any input or experience on these?

expensive in the mid 00's i believe
always looked very nice in mbuk

dont they make quality forks too?

also, looks like a klein palomar?

The story is that Maverick was started by Rock Shox founder Paul Turner "in his garage" after he sold off the company fed up with corporate madness.

Whatever, they make very nice bikes, superb forks and the original speedball dropper seatpost was Maverick too. Personal touches such as the headbadge on your picture: each frame is engraved with a name and a birth date on the headbadge. It's all about the ride with Maverick, doing their own thing, still going strong AFAIK.

http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/Background

I have a couple of their forks and really like them. What is typical is that the forks are designed to be maintained and tuned by the owner/rider. All parts and manuals are readily available, tuning tips are shared and almost anything can be done with ordinary tools I have in my toolbox. Brilliant, but YMMV.

Below is a picture of my beloved Foes FXR wit the Maverick signature forks, gone but not forgotten. It is a love or hate design but the DUC 32 upside down forks are buttery smooth with 150mm travel for 1.8kg whilst still offering sharp steering. 10 years ago they might as well have come from outer space. I still have forks waiting for the right frame, being upside doiwn they convert to 29er too.

Foes180_1.JPG

Enjoy!!

WOW!

very very nice!

yeah thats the forks i was thinking of, i remembered them as white bros though :roll: :oops: or was it whyte (was that a model of fork?)

oh and the maverick up top is the posters :cry:

such a nice bike
touch it, you may never get the chance again - as rare as they are

Whyte did the 46 full sus with the Maverick DUC forks fiited from 2004 or so.
The Maverick products do pop up on the bay, that's how I got my forks.

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":1yuyjgrt said:
Whyte did the 46 full sus with the Maverick DUC forks fiited from 2004 or so.
The Maverick products do pop up on the bay, that's how I got my forks.

Enjoy!!

that must have been it
funky bike as i remember

A girl that we ride out with occasionally at delamere forest rides one of those with those mad upside down forks!

My mates got 2, an ml7 and the longer travel ml8. He loves them. I had the Klein Palomino which was based on the licensed design. They ride well, but I much prefer my 575, they do have a lot of traction. There is slight pedal to saddle height variation due to the suspension though.
I had the DUC32 forks on the yeti for a year or so, nice light, but I could never get them set up perfectly, they were good, but not perfect. Doddle to service too.

Old thread resurrection :)

I have a Palomino frame and a set of 29" DUC32 forks which i would like to use together

does anyone know what is involved in converting em back to 26"?

Andy

fatfixie":2z0y2g8d said:
Old thread resurrection :)

I have a Palomino frame and a set of 29" DUC32 forks which i would like to use together

does anyone know what is involved in converting em back to 26"?

Andy

You don't need to do anything to the forks themselves, you'll just need to rebuild the hub into a 26" wheel - the axle is 24mm not 20mm so the hub is vital....

Back