Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Ohh Im looking for a Alu Pro (the pink one.) Just the frame and fork.
If anyone spots one let me know :)

Just to refresh mine and a few others memories

How did the range go starting bottom model up?

sylus":f5r0jo98 said:
Just to refresh mine and a few others memories

How did the range go starting bottom model up?

The 1989 Catalogue is here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24047&highlight=muddy+fox

The Alu Pro was really about the then new Alu frame tech and only came with Suntour XCE parts which were OK but not wonderful. I guess the cost went into the frame and MF were good at supplying a great quality frame with cheaper parts that could be upgraded piecemeal.
In the range the Alu Pro sat between the Seeker and Sorcerer really with the Alu Team Top.

Oh and for the record is anyone spots a 1990 Prestige Pro or 1989 Sorcerer Pro those are the bikes I am really after.

Carl.

Just out of intrest

I've seen a few mods later probably that have mega after the model name also?

drcarlos":3exc9k8q said:
sylus":3exc9k8q said:
Oh and for the record is anyone spots a 1990 Prestige Pro or 1989 Sorcerer Pro those are the bikes I am really after.
Carl.

The prestige pro is very nice - is on my list too - not holding out much hope though!

sylus":2cerqa8m said:
Just out of intrest

I've seen a few mods later probably that have mega after the model name also?

Mega Range started in 1990 with the Courier Mega, Mega 500 and 550 and continued in 1991, with Courier, Seeker and Sorcerer Mega's, not seen any high model from 1991 apart from a Zolatone Limited Edition with DX group so I don't know if there were any others.
Although I will make a fact finding trip to Warwick library at some stage to scan the 1991 catalogue they have.

Carl.

Hi , just thought i would share with you lot my carboot find from today >

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

missing a front brake cable , but haggled with the seller and he let me have for half the price... so still out there .

I've just acquired one of the above (1990 Courier Comp?). It's been sat outside work for a couple of months now, no lock and no air in the tyres. Decided it needed a good home last week...

Unfortunately it's had a black dulux with brush repaint so that needs to come off (as well as the bird poop). Even the inner cables have been painted over! Good news is that neither the stem, seatpost or bb are stuck and the components are actually in very good order. Both of the original tyres have plenty of tread but the sidewalls have had it.

P1040417.jpg

P1040423.jpg

P1040444.jpg

P1040445.jpg

P1040442.jpg

P1040404.jpg

Back