Overbury's "The Riddler"

biglev":3k9r3orw said:
Looking good. any movment onthe the paitn front? i can wait to see it all done!

Cheers, it's been costed up by the same guys sinnerman used. They are in Bristol which is ideal.

I just need to save the cash tbh which is easier said than done ATM! :LOL:

sinnerman":3a52bnto said:
any updates for us bigman?... ;)

Close now Sinnerman. Garry at The Graphic Shack reckoned it should be ready next week but I am away on my holidays. (I haven't chased them up mind)

Hopefully on my return I should have a freshly painted Overbury's frame to build!!!!!

riddlerriddles3.png

......im excited myself..........this is going to be good....!!! :cool:

Attachments

• Riddler.jpg
    Riddler.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,492
  • DC_retailer_promos_PDFS_clip_art_batman_619_CVRB.jpg
    DC_retailer_promos_PDFS_clip_art_batman_619_CVRB.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,492
Aw Duke that bike's looking downright tastful. That elegant new fork you have; are the inside surfaces ( facing the tyre ) flat?

biglev":28w6he3h said:
Any news? i cant wait to see this project near its finishing point.

Its so near I can taste it. . . . .frame is still with Graphic shack for a few more days at least.

From there it should be a case of re-assembly but I am on the look out for a couple of small finishing touches. . . . . . watch this space as opinions will be sought!

Agency_Scum":28w6he3h said:
Aw Duke that bike's looking downright tastful. That elegant new fork you have; are the inside surfaces ( facing the tyre ) flat?

Cheers Mark, hopefully it will be complete and spotted at the July Bike Jumble (not for sale obviously :LOL:) !

As for the forks I am pretty certain they are from a low-end or mass produced bike as they are JIS dimensions and weigh about 950g.

IIRC they don't have a flat surface. The best thing about them was the rake and shape which was what I had strived for from the start in my head.

The frame and forks are back!!! And WOW I am so impressed with the work at Graphicshack. The finish really is like glass and I have been looking forward to saying this,

The photos really dont do it justice :LOL:

There is one MINOR niggle in that I didnt get the "O" decal on the headtube and downtube as I asked but Garry is away at the moment so I anticipate I will just stick these on top of the laquer. . . . will see.

Any how, here is a sneak peek. The frame has now gone back to Argos as the crown race seat needs milling down to a standard 26.4 as it is JIS and the steerer needs trimming.

p1010947p.jpg

The colour is pretty spot on to how I imaginied it, didnt want to go too illuminous and this is like a bright grass in the sunlight. Indoors it is almost darker and earthier. :D

Of course I couldnt resist hanging a few parts on it but I will get it all sorted before posting the pics, needless to say I am chuffed!

the_duke":265zfdpk said:
The frame has now gone back to Argos as the crown race seat needs milling down to a standard 26.4 as it is JIS and the steerer needs trimming.

Any half decent bike shop should have the tool for that no?

Anyway, I like it, cool colour, and it does look like a great job, Im considering a neon-ish hue for mine, except one colour all over as I dont want to pay Argos prices for fancy paintjobs!

Back