Bridgestone MBZips '90 & '91

Cypher

Retro Guru
One done in mtb build & the other as a city bike :)

Attachments

• MBZips.jpg
    MBZips.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,334
Oh man, finally! Another Bridgestone enthusiast!! It's totally uncool to post your own bikes on someone else's 'Reader's Bikes' thread, but how do I not get in on this!? :twisted:

My 42cm 1990 Bridgestone MB-Zip:

mb_zip_187.jpg

My 46cm 1991 Bridgestone MB-Zip:

bridgestone_mb_zip_111.jpg

Wow, Mr. Zero, I have to give it to ya, those 2 bikes of yours are in immaculate condition! Thanks for sharing your pictures, especially the 1990 zip! That size is so hard to come by :D

Those brakes on my 1990 zip are Mrazek V-mocs, I know they don't really match the era but I thought I'd try them out curiosity ;)

For a moment there I thought everyone here hates bridgestones, LOL

I was wondering Mr.Zero, if there are any improvements made to the 1991 frame over the '90 version, says the frames are prone to failure...any idea?
apart from decals and xtra eyelets for racks n stuff it stops there for me..

In reality it was only the largest frame sizes of the 1990 model that failed. The failure occurred at the minimalist rear dropout. Aside from the differences you mentioned the frames are the same. I actually prefer the '90 to the '91 partly due to the minimalist dropouts and the absence of eyelets. I've got another 42cm 1990 Zip frame in reserve.

Any other Bridgestones in your stable? I've got a fairly substantial list: 3 MB-Zips, MB-1, 2 RB-1s, XO-1, XO-2, Radac, and a CB-Zip.

Yummy MB-Zips guys. These are not rated here as much as they should be!!! I remember them being in the same league as a P-21 except that the Bridgestones came with a lifetime guarantee....and that I believe was the real flaw.

Mr. Zero":j8mysn2w said:
In reality it was only the largest frame sizes of the 1990 model that failed. The failure occurred at the minimalist rear dropout. Aside from the differences you mentioned the frames are the same. I actually prefer the '90 to the '91 partly due to the minimalist dropouts and the absence of eyelets. I've got another 42cm 1990 Zip frame in reserve.

Any other Bridgestones in your stable? I've got a fairly substantial list: 3 MB-Zips, MB-1, 2 RB-1s, XO-1, XO-2, Radac, and a CB-Zip.

Wow, thats great! Please post pictures of the RB-1s & CB Zip, would love to see them!
Man, 42cm, that would be most ideal for my short arse :) Do let me know if you'd like to part with one. Btw, anyone has leads to purchase a 42cm MB1?

Would love to grab a 42cm MB-1 myself. Passed one up on eBay a few years back and haven't seen another since. I sorely regret it now. :evil:

Back