120mm forks with V mounts, do they exist?

karloff70

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Discuss. I want some for a mate's Inbred so he doesn't have to shell out for new disc wheels but still gets light 120mm spunge in front. Any recommendations? Am I dreaming? again?..... :oops:

Im fairly sure Rockshox Dart 2 and 3 and many more forks with 100 to 120mm travel have studs for Vs..

shouldn't be to hard to find..

;)

Maybe, but Dart forks are abysmal and heavy.....I'm talking decent air forks like Revelations or such. I have Reba Race 100mm from I think 2008 or 2007 with V mounts and they're nice and plush + light. Something like that but 120mm is the desired article.....seems thin on the ground......

I have a pair or Recon Race SL forks on my Soul.

120mm travel and both V & disc compatible.

Alloy steerer so fairly light too.

IMGP2108.jpg

THAT's the kind of thing I'm thinking of!! Glad to see a candidate for my search/lust....I take it you like their behaviour? What would you say they're worth and do you know what year they are?

karloff70":1u7nu2in said:
THAT's the kind of thing I'm thinking of!! Glad to see a candidate for my search/lust....I take it you like their behaviour? What would you say they're worth and do you know what year they are?

They are fine simple forks.

Single air chamber, rebound and motion control.

Not as light as my rebas etc but not by much.

They came to me as a warranty repair for a 2008 Recon fork that died.

They are the 2010 model with the powerbulge legs.

Hmm, but Reba's only go to 100mm don't they? Didn't realise they made this type of thing with V brake miounts in 2010....great! Thanks for the info!!

karloff70":20bomju3 said:
Hmm, but Reba's only go to 100mm don't they? Didn't realise they made this type of thing with V brake miounts in 2010....great! Thanks for the info!!

Providing your rebas are "all travel" they should be adjustable anywhere in the range of 115mm to 80mm.

I have a pair of 2009 Rebas that are currently custom* set at 90mm but were previously on my Soul ^^ set at 115mm

IMGP1468.jpg

* by me ;)

Very interesting indeed! How do I know if they are all travel? Having asked that, they did look curiously like yours in the pic before I sprayed them ghetto white :oops: ....plus mine have V mounts, other than that they look(ed) identical.

Would be great if I can stretch them to 115!! They're about to go on a Psycle Werks Wild Hare, and might be much better at 115 than 100 there.....

But this info search is more about my mate and what his Inbred wants, so still interested in other options if anyone can think of any sweet 120mm air forks with V mounts....

Back