Retrobike National Event Series: Forest of Dean Aftermath

Who won the track mitts?

Looks like a great day, would have liked to have been there.

I really LOVE the FoD - but never ridden a bike there - YET!!!

Old Ned":2be9ya3o said:
Who won the track mitts?

Don't you worry Paul, they are in the prize box for this year's Peaks meet...

Both the left hand and the other left hand.

drystonepaul":1jud9wz9 said:
Old Ned":1jud9wz9 said:
Who won the track mitts?

Don't you worry Paul, they are in the prize box for this year's Peaks meet...

Both the left hand and the other left hand.

But on the other hand, what will they be awarded for?

The most cack-handed puncture repair? :roll: ;)

Superb photos apart from the one of Dorian Ruddock which is deeply disturbing - the man's mechanism is clearly gone.

Fantastic day, I was surprised when I won spirit of the ride, to be honest travelling has never bothered me, the one thing that does is the price of fuel these days. I have only been coming to retro bike meets for the last 9 months and I must say I have always been made welcome, you lot are a great bunch of people and that's what makes retrobike unique. I will be looking forward to many more days like this, plus the the joy of building bikes, which reminds me thanks to weemanmtb for the frame, marctwotone for the seat post and pedals and harrycrum for the other bits of karma cheers :D :D :D :D :D

FoD

Just wanted to thank the organisers for a great day and also the dishers out of karma goodies. Free stuff always gives me a funny feeling inside :)
Anyway cheers to everybody that turned up.

I have been reflecting and I think a weekend away down in the Forest of Dean will be on the cards one day in the future, thanks again Del, Ed, Pete, Mark etc and all who supplied Karma. Not forgetting the Beer.

I will now be going over all my fleet with Loctite following the Jockey wheel incident, I now have to build a whole bike around this mech.
P5171351.jpg

Just a couple of pics I managed to take during the day
P5141347.jpg

P5141343.jpg

P5141342.jpg

P5141341.jpg

P5141340.jpg

P5141339.jpg

Back