Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

yikes! :shock: £1800 for a rigid Raleigh, and that was in 1993! :shock:

Thanks for posting up the review, interesting reading about the MMC tubing etc :D

my 1994 D-T

Not a great photo but this is mine. Is it a Diablo LX or MT3 can any experts advise? New decals from Gil recently. Exage cranks, LX rear mech & LX STI put on by me to replace low quality bits fitted by p.o. It had the black LX front mech, cantis & front hub already.
Ready for FoD meet this weekend.

Attachments

• P5090013.JPG
    P5090013.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 3,003
Re: my 1994 D-T

jimbo-xc":3v57ozsc said:
Not a great photo but this is mine. Is it a Diablo LX or MT3 can any experts advise? New decals from Gil recently. Exage cranks, LX rear mech & LX STI put on by me to replace low quality bits fitted by p.o. It had the black LX front mech, cantis & front hub already.
Ready for FoD meet this weekend.

This is an Mtrax Ti 3000 - get the Mtrax decals!

I have one which had the LX groupset on it, I have replaced with some Suntour XCPro from my old Dynatech. Mine came with Pace RC-35 (i'll post a pic at some point), but those are the forks that came with the Mtrax series.

My hubs had Bontrager rims on LX hubs originally.
did you add the bar ends?
what grips do you have on it?

nice bike, what frame size do you have?
k

Did I get the wrong decals then? There was a nos frame that looked identical on ebay recently (not with the UGLI fork though) badged as Dyna-Tech. I used it as the template for Gil to do the decals.

Mine's a 19" I'd say, top & down tube are ti. I recently added the not quite right shade of purple bar ends (X-Lite I think) & Yeti grips.
It's getting an outing to Forest of Dean Retrobike meet this w/end.

Yep, an Mtrax Ti 3000 - 95 brochure page below

I have 2 Mtrax

A 94 Ti 1000 owned from new and used for comuting through London for over 10 years. Recently got it back on the road with random modifications to get it going again

Also a Ti 4000 purchased a while ago off evil bay for too much money, but in good gondition with full XT groupset bar front brakes which are XTR m900. Front end also changed so no U.G.L.I.'s :cry: or XT hub. I'm in the process of rebuiling this with Pace forks

Attachments

• page12_849.jpg
    page12_849.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2,802
Keyf":1z694gkd said:
Yep, an Mtrax Ti 3000 - 95 brochure page below

I have 2 Mtrax

A 94 Ti 1000 owned from new and used for comuting through London for over 10 years. Recently got it back on the road with random modifications to get it going again

Also a Ti 4000 purchased a while ago off evil bay for too much money, but in good gondition with full XT groupset bar front brakes which are XTR m900. Front end also changed so no U.G.L.I.'s :cry: or XT hub. I'm in the process of rebuiling this with Pace forks

what size of frame is yours keyf?

My Ti 4000 has the pace RC-35, but the frame is a bit big for me I think.

Hello keithface

My ti 4000 is the 45cm (17.5'' in old money) and ti 1000 is 49cm (19.5'').

I've got some RC35 MXCD's which are slighttly taller than the standard Pace forks that came with the bike orginally to rase the front end a bit.

What size you got?

Yesterday in the post arrived my first mountain bike (sinful i know), mostly i'd bmxed, a little road cyling and currently doing some track.
Cost me £80 on ebay and seems in very good nick with a stx-rc group.

5761905250_ec31e2faf1_z.jpg

(bigger pic here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49138502@N04/5761905250/sizes/l/in/photostream/)

I wasn't sure if M-Trax counted as 'dyna tech' but i've seen a few in this thread.
Any info or leads on tracking down an original stem would be most appreciated. Cheers.

Back