S-Bike proto by Yeti

Vouilloz raced for S bike for a few years before joining GT and then Sunn . there are a few pictures on his website .

Vario were made in france and I think they went bust last year .

boxxer":1qdrpxd2 said:
I always wanted a bromont in blue with a polished mainframe, a Scottish tribute to the purple of cullys wc winnin frame

I have a Bromont, but with red ano swing and the mainframe is anodised in silver. It is one of the two DH bikes I have, the other being a Koga-Miyata SkyExpension (aka Miyata Elevation 12,000)

cchris2lou":2ip1qf4v said:
Vouilloz raced for S bike for a few years before joining GT and then Sunn . there are a few pictures on his website .

Vario were made in france and I think they went bust last year .

:)

vtt1.jpg

I remember them as: Expensive and exclusive.
Saw just a few of them in real. Mostly in Houffalize during the world cups.

Re:

Interesting story about that proto welded by FTW
Sbike were designed by Francesco Quinn. But if we consider parts on the Quinn bike, it seems to be before 1990. When firtst Sbike appeared in France, it was around 1991 and they were built in Italia by Verlicchi as said by Cchris2lou and marketed in swisszerland by Swatch.

Last year, I have met Christian Guillet who created Vario. He was an ex caterpillar ingeneer and developped his first bike in 90-91 with a seatpost tube which can be adjusted when riding in front position for climbing and on the rear for a best downhill. But as the Alpinestar T24, Vario got no link or copy to Sbike

Back