Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

Argh, just read most of the thread again but talk about teasing, where's the finished photo. :LOL:

This really must be the best restored bike in a long time the attention to detail is second to none. :D

great job with the rear mech cable. And thanks for the tip to use shimano noodles!

Thanks for the comments :cool:

It threw it down, all day :-( so we went shopping :-( :-( :LOL:

XTSTIMAN":2vstx8a9 said:
With all that cleaning and that mirror finish polishing, aren't you afraid of getting it dirty and dulling the finish once out of the house?

Nope, it should be OK with dry / salt free use and fairly easy to maintain :D

Rio":2vstx8a9 said:
great job with the rear mech cable. And thanks for the tip to use shimano noodles!

The noodle is actually off modern xtr but I presume all shimano ones are the same ?

I had bought avid ones as A) they have a nice ano black collar and B) the sealing boot is nicer than shimanos but they just don't want to bend evenly :-( I will use them on the Airborne though (the donor for the xtr noodle) as I can buy them at the approximate angles that I need for the brakes and rear mech (seat stay mounted) :D The boot isn't used on the mech setup anyway and at least I can polish the ally bit :LOL:

WD :D

WD Pro":33p2fdyx said:
With everything on it as it will be ridden - bottle cage etc (including excess cable and the third hand chain tool) I weighed it and me on the digi scales and then just me - three times each and three identical readings. I was quite surprised, any guesses ?
25lbs, give or take?

my 90 eldridge is 26.4 lb in an oe build
so id say your tweaked bear will be 27 or so stock
and 22 ish tuned

WD Pro":bahrax6d said:
Neil":bahrax6d said:
25lbs, give or take?

I had originally thought / guessed similar (26) - we are both wrong, by quite a margin :? :LOL:
Don't leave me hanging, baby...

So, what's the scores on the doors? Low 20s?

Latest posts

Back