SSWC11 - Ireland

If anyone wants to share transport. I'm going from Bristol 2 + 2 bikes in a wee car looking to meet before the ferry and move into a bigger car / van to save cost.
Cheers
P.S. we're both house trained

I dont like facebook or any of its siblings and as a consequence I'm finding it hard to follow whats going on as regards all things SSWC11.
Why cant they just have a constantly updated webpage like the Belgians.
The inane chaotic chat of facebook leaves me wondering whats going on :?

OK I know, grouchy old man, out of touch with the modern world but if I was connected to now I probably wouldn't be on Retrobike :roll:

I concur. I don't do titter or arsebook. Even finding the location was a pain. I think this is looking like a non starter for us unless we can pool transport..but on a lighter note I've entered SSUK, horay..

I'm afraid the costs of going to Ireland just got too great - I could have a week riding in The Alps on the road for similar - so I'm out.

:( seems to be a trend I'm afraid. I'm combining mine with a family holiday. But have read of a few pulling out between the camping prices and the ferry costs. The organisers did say that they were working on discounts but haven't heard anymore. If anything relevant turns up on facebook I'll post it here.

Rocky Mayhem(KILFINANE FESTIVAL) is being held to coincide with the SSWC (Single Speed World Championships) which are being held on the Mountain Bike Trail the last weekend of August 2011. The SSWC is an annual (bicycle race) event and is only open to bicycles with a single gear ratio. The bikes can be either singlespeeds or fixies. Something for everyone on in Marquee for 5 nights!

ROCKY MAYHEM FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
24th - 28th AUGUST 2011
The following entertainment will take place in the Marquee which is the central point for everything Rocky Mayhem and SSWC for the last weekend in August!

Wednesday 24th - Fashion extravaganza
Featuring Local Irish Designers and boutiques (7.00pm – 11.00pm)

Thursday 25th – Disco for Teens
A night for age sixteen and under to have a bit of craic in a safe and fun environment (8.30pm - 11.30pm)

Friday 26th - A Wild Traditional Irish Night to let our visitors experience quality Irish music, craic and hospitality.
Featuring top Celtic band Aisling (11.00pm - 2.00am)

Saturday 27th - An unbelievable feast of the very best live young Irish Rock Bands around.
With Bipolar Empire, Ham Sandwich, Director and Delorentos!! This isn't a night of rock it's a mini festival!!! (Doors open 6pm. 8.00pm - 2.00am)

Sunday 28th - Kilfinane Wind Down Party Night
With local bands Footloose, Handipak and Ember setting the tempo for locals and visitors alike (6.00pm - 11.00pm)

kaiser":2k214bvu said:
http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sswc-and-camping

Thanks, it was that thread that convinced me that I wasn't alone in my concerns over cost but even with the lower price for camping adding in £300+ for ferry, high fuel costs, let alone beer and food and it was getting a bit too much for me.

I'm pulling out, costs are spiralling and I dont like the vibe I'm getting about the event. I think I'll concentrate on SSUK in September.

Anyway I've had my two week main holiday of the year to SSEC in Belgium and it was good value and great fun :cool:

Edit:-
They're happy to refund me but say I must give them all the details of my card via email. This seems well dodgy to me, whats to stop some unscrupulous person doing the dirty with my funds. i have asked for further repayment options and will keep you informed :?

Back