BoTM May 2011 'Made In Canada 'eh' - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
mfh126":2dj4bw30 said:
24pouces":2dj4bw30 said:
My 92-93 kona heihei

The brand is canadian, but the welder, Sandvik is USA…
Kona is 50% US, 50% Canadian, but since the frame was made in the USA, it doesn't qualify this month. :( I generally don't like Konas, but that's a classy build.

I always thought Kona was more US than anything else but pretended to Canadian to be more cool with certain potential customers. Their old advertising has more of a US theme with a focus on made in the USA on certain frames, and Stars and Bars paint jobs...

mfh126":290c5hz2 said:
RockiMtn":290c5hz2 said:
:evil: poo! i have a fleet of Rocky Mountain which are CLEARY Canadian, but they are either excluded from entering cuz of the restriction, or because they in the state of unfinished limbo.
Come on Frank, I'm sure you can enter something! What's "the restriction"?

I would like to enter my Cirrus, but I believe this RM model was welded in Japan.

I'm somewhat disappointed with this restriction that's been placed. It's almost like someone telling me that I'm not Canadian since I wasn't born here. :roll: :(

The alternative I would have entered if I had the time to complete before nominations closed is my Syncros/XTR RM Titanium build. But again, I believe this frame was welded in the US by Sandvik. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 391
I should get my finger out and build my bike back up I guess, but it has modern stuff dripping off it, that and the large scrapes of paint I took off it seeing how bad the rust was :LOL: and well I wouldn't vote for it.

Could stick the Fusion in if we're bending the rules a bit since nobody knows enough about these thing to be certain to chuck them out (well other than throw Kona's out)

Rocky Mountain Fusion 1992,
period part upgrades (apart from 1 or 2 things and a fee unfnished not intended to enter setup ride bits, but shhh it adds to the numbers)

P1030535.JPG

P1030527.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back