edinburgh bikestation

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
just back from the above with some really nice bit's and i thought i'd remind everyone on here it's there ;)

i now have one 1&1/4 alpinestars quill stem for the al mega :cool: and some other wee gems for the rest of the fleet too :cool: spoke to the guy who runs the place for a while and he's a top notch guy too ;)

fantastic place :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

+1.

Always enjoy raking through the bins. Excellent facilities for working on a bike... handy now my workshop is now a nursery. :(

Great place - was in there again today and pickup a loy of bits. It would be nice if some of the better stuff made it past the staff though...

Funnily enough I was in there today. i was looking for a 28 hole front hub for my Raleigh twenty project. They let me have a wee rake through some busted wheels in the storage warehouse and I got what I wanted for free. The storage unit is amazing, more bikes than I ever seen outside of Amsterdam just waiting to be sorted. Chances are if you want a bit and are prepared to strip it from a bike and do a wee bit of volunteer graft I reckon its in there somewhere. The guy showing me about says if you volunteer then its likely you'll get your mits on the better stuff. Unfortunately for me I cant volunteer at any of the times they're open :roll:
Also i arrived just as the last sale bikes were leaving, a late steel Spesh Rockhopper, a steel Kona Lava Dome full retro spec and most interestingly a Reflex ALX bonded alloy bike with chainstay U-brake, very cool :cool:. Some reasonable Giant and Claud Butler steel atb's aswell.

I reckon we should get a stack of retrobike flyers in there, a poster or whatever in case of new recruits.

You're right that storage unit is amazing and the staff really helpfull. I was very tempted by that Lavadome but it was being snapped up as I looked at it. But I did get a disk compatible wheel, Disk and Caliper for a tenner so I am in no way complaining- just wistfull really and there does have to be a perk for volunteering!

I picked up a decent looking set of mag 20's which actually compress and rebound, 1 1/8th ahead with an odd looking crown ( I have 2 spare anyway)

Ok so they are missing canti studs but those can come off my other mag 20's which are now going for spares!!

boxxer":1zzivg7m said:
I picked up a decent looking set of mag 20's which actually compress and rebound, 1 1/8th ahead with an odd looking crown ( I have 2 spare anyway)

Ok so they are missing canti studs but those can come off my other mag 20's which are now going for spares!!

don't they have a snapped canti stud stuck inside them ? i'm sure i was looking at those forks last weekend :oops:

Wasn't a snapped stud it was just a threaded bar someone had used to check the threads on the castings were ok.... My other bosses threaded straight in and it came out at the place, the guy there just grabbed a set of mole grips and gently turned, came out like butter,...

ahhhhhhhh , if i had of noticed it was just a bit of threaded bar i'd of had them :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

they were a good buy then :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back