Bigfoot smokestone

Re: well well

biggerfeet":1p7p33m5 said:
just seen the pictures and lots of memories come flooding back, lots of Malvern Classic events with our Bigfoot Marquee.

I've still got a few frames, my wife still rides her's, it's done thousand of miles, I've a gold anodised 19" frame in my garage gathering dust. here's a pic of it in all it's glory.

If you're Graham, Hi! I live in Cheltenham and keep meaning to get in touch and come riding with you lot at the Bigfoot club but never seem to get round to it! Long sunny days on the way though :)

Re: well well

biggerfeet":1acx0z2z said:
I've still got a few frames, my wife still rides her's, it's done thousand of miles, I've a gold anodised 19" frame in my garage gathering dust. here's a pic of it in all it's glory.

Piccis please :D , never actually seen one, dont suppose you have one of the full sussers do you ?

yes it's Graham here, here's a pic of my gold anodized Bigfoot Smokestone, if only we could of been around today. loads of ideas, which never came to anything. oh well.

i did design a full suss, (not the Softail version) and built it with the help of Amos at Keswick Mountain bikes but it was a one off, all be it a good one, rode like a dream. it's hanging in the KMB shop now. it was going to be called a "Nomad". long before Santa Cruz by the way. (see pic) sorry about the hair.

also her's a pic of my favorite Bigfoot, the purple beast, one of the early versions, totally rigid, note the Answer Accutrax forks, 1 1/4 headset, wicked mud clearence, real short chainstays for amazing climbing

Attachments

• bf-smokestone.jpg
    bf-smokestone.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 7,052
  • nomad.jpg
    nomad.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 7,053
  • purple-bigfoot.jpg
    purple-bigfoot.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 7,052
bf_smokestone_485.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: would have loved one of them BITD , very nice indeedy

nearest I ever came was the british eagle boss e-stay frame ➡️

estay.jpg

I have used this page like a bible for the past 5 years ,just thought i would share my smokestone
IMAG0881.jpg

Re:

Might be a little off topic, but before I open a new thread for this one I thought maybe I´m right here... It´s a smokestone, but I have no clue wich model it is...

Plus I think it might not have the right dropouts... At least I can not imagine how to fit the rear derailleur. I´d be glad if anyone can help!

Thanks and Greetz Moritz

Attachments

• smokeston2.JPG
    smokeston2.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 1,536
  • smokeston1.JPG
    smokeston1.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 1,536
Re:

I have had a couple of smokestones and ozones, the E stay and standard tryangle, but have never seen one like that before.

No canti bridge on rear?

Interesting adjustable rear drop outs, looks to have the rear mech fitting just forward of the axle slot a but like Klein?

Re:

Yes, this frame is wired.. Can find no info on it at all, I have even contacted Graham via facebook, but he could only tell me that the frame must have been built after he had left the original company. The guys who took over the company have vanished and so I can not find anything on this one.

The most wired thing: the dropouts seem to be mirrored. Especially the nick for the derailleur tension screw is on the wrong side... Or am I just to blind to see a possible mounting solution?

That made me think that the dropouts might have been thought to be combined with that softtail prallelogram suspension, as seen on some smokestone bikes...

Attachments

• softtail.jpg
    softtail.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 1,499
Re:

Have you tried reversing he drop outs :?:

Basically so the red line and the blue line meet

Attachments

• smokeston1.JPG
    smokeston1.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 1,491
Back