Sucker for a nice steel frame, Ciocc

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm a sucker for a nice steel frame doubley so if its Italian :oops: I probably paid a bit over the odds for it :roll: but I have a full Campagnolo Record groupset thats itching to jump on a nice steel frame and this one is a pretty one :D

untitled1.jpg

untitled3.jpg
[/img]

Cheers
Steve

oooh!

Oh yes! By Jove that's nice.

Don't worry how much you payed, if you can afford it - its money you will never miss.

What vintage of Record are you going for? And what spacing is the rear-end?

Cheers both :) it arrived this afternoon and I must say its very nice :D

Spacing is 130, I've got a 1986 or 1987 record groupset think it was the last year of Super Record :?:

Want to find a few finishing bits first but really looking forward to this build :D

Can't decide whether to have the forks chromed or not :?

Cheers
Steve

Lovely looking frame Steve - I'd say forks are great as they are and wouldn't worry about chroming unless the paint is damaged as chrome forks are usually best complimented by a chrome rear end or at least driveside chainstay.

I think your right about the forks :)

I could get my hands on an early nos 90's record groupset which would mean I could go to indexed shifting :?

Absolute blasphemy :?: :D

To be honest I'm having a hard time dating the frame anyway :? I'm guessing mid eighties but there's hardly anything about them online :? and although the spacing is 130 that could have been fixed during the refurb :?

Anywhere I could put detailed pictures up and somone would know ?

Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back