DSCF0390.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,203
  • DSCF0392.jpg
    DSCF0392.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,203
  • DSCF0395.jpg
    DSCF0395.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,203
You should enter this in the bike of the month. How do you find the retro friction levers with those derailleurs? I have always found them to be unsuited to use with this model derailleurs as they don't have a sufficiently big barrel and you therefore need to move the lever overly much, especially for the rear derailleur.

Are you aware that Campagnolo made their own version of retrofriction levers specifically for this model derailleur? They pull much more cable than the Simplex ones, thereby overcoming what is perhaps the only negative about the Simplex levers.

Have you deliberately posted this just to make us all jealous?

If so - you've succeeded ;)

Very nice.

Shifters

Ah that'll be why it struggles to get on to the smallest cog then! Thought it was limit set wrong- :-( how do I enter bike of the month? Anyone got record shifters?

I have a pair of the Campagnolo retrofriction levers (not for sale, and incomplete I think) but I prefer the Simplex ones.

The Simplex have a slight sloppiness to them. Usually when you change gear you move the lever past the correct point and then back a bit. The levers are a bit 'wobbley', so it auto corrects the gear change.

In contrast the Campagnolo have no give at all, so you have to move the lever back yourself, and also they are quite tight and more difficult to get moving.

Back to the bike; that has been my dream frame as long as I remember!
It's great to see a bike correctly sized, and without the bars, saddle and brake levers at weird angles. It really needs amberwall tyres though, those all black tyres really do look out of place.

fiks":3w3zh0y8 said:
Back to the bike; that has been my dream frame as long as I remember!
It's great to see a bike correctly sized, and without the bars, saddle and brake levers at weird angles.

never could understand how one could get that so wrong? impossible to ride with any comfort unless the above is attended to :shock:

daccordimark":erhjvjs8 said:
Fabulous! As fiks says it is set up perfectly, nothing jumps out at you at all. Great build.

Mark.

many thx Mark,

I'll post for BOTM when the amberwalls turn up :D

Back