East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Sorry.

FOD? Loads of bloody trees everywhere! :roll:

It was a good day out...300 mile round trip though so we missed the afternoon session.

FoD was good, LOTS of riders in the group but not as much waiting around as at Cannock so all good. Lots of singletrack and plenty of roots about but all in all a good day's riding.

Rob & Matt - thanks for the offer of bike/wheel for the afternoon ride, it was much appreciated. It stood up to the afternoon without too much nursing - just put a stop to any jumps !
I still don't know what caused the bottom bracket damage but it came out this morning without a drama and the frame threads are fine so no biggie.

Khane, I have a loooong suspension fork allen key but it's up here in Nottingham !

Might be able to pick the allen key up from Mat's on Monday and bring it along on Tuesday.
FoD was worth the journey from a 'social' point of view, but I found it incredibly frustrating as the singletrack was perfect and endless, but with a crocodile of 44 bikes it rarely 'flowed'. The group size was the result of Del's injury and therefore only having one 'leader'. Such a pity.
I'm going to keep an eye out for local FoD rides and try and make a guest appearance 'cos the riding is certainly worth the trip.

rc200ti":2pnkm5cu said:
Might be able to pick the allen key up from Mat's on Monday and bring it along on Tuesday.

that would be super if you could, seems a bit of a waste spending £10 on one just to service the forks to sell them on :? :LOL:

Back