Retrobike National Event Series: Forest of Dean Aftermath

Brilliant days riding, an RB meet that will live long in the memory. Thanks to all who organised and recce'd, also to all those who turned up and got into the spirit of the event from minute one.

Well done to all who won the prizes, judging BoTR is getting increasingly difficult as people seem to brig out their crown jewels for the series.

I have a camera full of pictures which i'll load up tomorrow.

the usual big thanks to all who orginize these events what a top class ride ,
great to meet some more fellow rb'ers too ,a big thanks for the karma and beer ;) and thanks to the duke for bringing his bigfoot along ,nice bike.
what a complete d*ck i felt after doing an endo completly wrong :cry: ah well it won me a lovely saddle cheers lads ,I really enjoyed the trails at fod they come well recomended and cheers mark(twotone) for car sharing.
A couple of pics,
IMAG0872.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0879.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

cheers,
Lee.

I can't think of enough superlatives to describe the ride!

Simply superb... excellent organisation, top draw trails & brilliant riders

I spoke to loads of folks on the trails, but I'm buggered if I can remember all your names, so if we did chat then thanks for the banter, it made me forget about my aching legs for a bit!

Special thanks to Ed for a floor to kip on and the excellent grub, also the use of the internet.... Fur Tv, awesome :LOL:

Anyhoo, here's a few pics (apologies for not getting any action shots, I was enjoying the singletrack far too much to even think about stopping!)

RB Panorama by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020863 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020867 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020869 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020871 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020872 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020876 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020878 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

P1020879 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Another excellent day out :D

Thanks to all who put it together.

Its just a shame that myself & The Duke & Iwasgoodonce got lost on the morning ride :? though we did have a good ride on our own :D
Thanks guys.

Hope to make up for it at Mayhem

Was a lovely day out - and hats (cycle of course) off to the organisers.
Had a great outing on the Saracen, and got to practice my Jedi skills by getting to the bar first for beers :LOL:

We also have a new convert in the person of my friend Chris - he of the Yellow Coyote bouncy bike.

Great day out indeed. After a less than stellar week good to get out with some decent people and remember why I do all this. Some highlights in no order

*44 riders, what a great turnout. Good to see each and every one of you :cool:
*The FoD. Always some great riding with some local knowledge
*Our guide, many thanks to Pete for leading
*Edwards. Well done on organising.
*The jockey wheel incident. Good work on HC on finding that valuable and rare XC Pro jockey. If I ever lose anything I know who to ask ;)
*The moped riders. I've never seen a Honda step through take so much air. Believe these two lads are the Forest equiavalent of the red arrows.
*Lunch at the pub. Happy days. Hopefully everybody who chose it enjoyed their sausage of the day. I'm sure the young lady serving enjoyed shouting that particular order out.
*The bikes. What a fine selection.
*The swap meet and apres ride activities.
*The beer, cheers again Spencer.

Latest posts

Back