The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , I've been clearing out my shed and found my old Voodoo Bantu. It needs some tlc but its all there. Its a 16'' frame with no faults except the paint which apparently isnt great on Voodoo bikes anyway. Chains rusty and it probably needs a good oil/grease etc.
What do you guys think? I'd love to keep it but i've outgrown it and mountain biking , more of an old man biking now. :LOL:

I dont think its a high spec bike but its a good light, fun bike to ride all the same.

SAM_3919.jpg

SAM_3918.jpg

SAM_3917.jpg

SAM_3916.jpg

SAM_3915.jpg

SAM_3914.jpg

SAM_3913.jpg

SAM_3912.jpg

SAM_3911.jpg

SAM_3910.jpg

SAM_3909.jpg

SAM_3908.jpg

Sorry for all the photos but I'm sure you fellas will know what your looking at , i'm not really all that informed on mountain bikes.

Hi Robgil - welcome to the site. The Voodoo is a cool bike, but was never expensive/high spec and the condition looks pretty poor :cry: A lot of the kit on there would be pulled off and binned by any new owner. It's hard to see the condition of the frame and the paintwork from the pictures, but assuming it's ok and would clean up ok, I'd expect someone to pay £60 to £80 for it. It IS a nice frame and I'm sure someone would like to rebuild it with decent gear and use it. :)

Superb condition BOTE with manitou sport fork

DSCF7263.jpg

1993 Beast of the East with 1994 Manitou sport fork, LX equipped with deore thumbies

This is in great condition - unridden for 15 years, probably not more than 200 miles when new - lots of pics in the (unsuccessful!) for sale forum. What's it worth, or should I consider splitting it?

Thanks for any advice!

Jon

Vintage XT set

Hi, I'm planning on selling this set of early nineties XT components which I stripped from a 1991 Explosif I recently bought. Pardon the blurry mock catalogue shot :) These are nice bits I know I probably should keep, but I'm going to build the Explosif single speed and need to sell these to finance the rest of the parts I need to complete the build (I'll post a thread later). I would really appreciate helping me to estimate a sensible asking price for the whole set, based on the condition or the components. The set includes:

RD-M735 rear mech, short cage. Quite a bit of scratches, works fine though.
FD-M735 front mech, bottom pull. A bit of rust in the cage, works fine.
SL-M732 top mount shifters, 7-8 speed. Mint except slight bubbling on the dial's plastic cover - structurally perfect.
BR-M734 two pairs or cantilevers, inc. all parts. Couple or rusty bolts, otherwise fine
BL-M733 pair of brake levers, original rubber "boots" included. Minor scratches and very slightly bent left lever.

Thanks in advance!

j

Attachments

• vintage_xt_set.jpg
    vintage_xt_set.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,961
Re: Vintage XT set

Tsunami":168v05zt said:
RD-M735 rear mech, short cage. Quite a bit of scratches, works fine though.
FD-M735 front mech, bottom pull. A bit of rust in the cage, works fine.
SL-M732 top mount shifters, 7-8 speed. Mint except slight bubbling on the dial's plastic cover - structurally perfect.
BR-M734 two pairs or cantilevers, inc. all parts. Couple or rusty bolts, otherwise fine
BL-M733 pair of brake levers, original rubber "boots" included. Minor scratches and very slightly bent left lever.

Thanks in advance!

j

Hi J ,

Front mech - £15 / £20
Rear mech - due to condition £20 / £25
Thumbshifters - they look pretty mint so £45 /£50
Brake levers - £15 / £20
Canti's - £20 / £25

Hope this helps , Chris

Hey guys,

Just dug this out of my loft and wondered if its worth anything to you guys? I think its most of a campagnolo olympus grouppo. Everything is new in their boxes I think. Any guesses on value?

Much appreciated

P.s. just edited to included a parts list:

Olympus Chainset + bb
Athena bb
Olympus Front derailleur
Olympus Grips and shifters
Olympus Brake levers and brakes
Seatpost QR clamp
Cassette
Hubset +QR skewers
Cables

Orange P7 (1996) - Its Beautiful & Full Orig Kit

Dear Retro People In The Know,

I have been toying with this idea for a couple of years now (easier to take the decision to sell the family!) but I have a 1996 P7 with full original spec (even the original Bontranger tyers). Everything is original (in zinc) - 19" frame. When purchased in fort william it came with full STX RC upgrade kit. All in great condition.

If I were to sell what do you feel i would get for the entire bike?

LOL - Mr Don't want to sell it, but it doesn't get out enough! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back