WTD:Nano-budget bike build bits; not even as posh as Mad Max

Unfortunately not going to be Karma on the forks as they are pretty much brand new and my GF wants to get back some of the money she spent on them, was thinking £50 inc post. Will get some pics up this weekend.

Update:

The frame I tried to karma on here, which in the end has gone to the Bristol Prison Bike project had a seatpost that I figured was worth trying, and - whaddyaknow? It fitted...

Have managed to liberate a knackered old saddle that I was certain I'd thrown out.

Konaman - thank you so much for your time and trouble - do you mind if I just take the shifters/brake units? Could you PM me about payment for postage?

Sic_nick: no probs, fella - it sounds like a more than fair price, but at the moment I'm just not in a position to take advantage of them - shame cos they sound great. Thank you anyway.

got a brand new suntour crank u can have for 10 posted. Its shiny silver with black rings. Never had a chain touch it. Yeah asda do 7-10 speed chains in at 4quid, i have one on my gfs bike n they are pretty good for the price

erm i was thinking a little for postage for whatever?

(i would do it free if i could, but im royally skint and the mrs will kick me out (probably)) :LOL:

will check cables i have tomorrow
and anything else you need?

may have suntour duro cranks and bb but it will need crank arm bolts
might have a spare seatclamp also

again, with the levr may have to give you a pair :LOL:
and i may have a little surprise for you if all goes according :cool:

Cyfa - re: postage - I wouldn't have it any other way! Of course.

The cranks/BB would be fabulous - no problem bout sourcing crank bolts - my LBS don't mind me coming digging for that sort of thing. Likewise, the seatclamp would be awesome.

I feel very grateful for the effort and generosity - with regards to the levers/shifters, konaman has very kindly offered to send me those, and I don't want to deprive you of a pair you may later need!

A surprise, huh? I couldn't be more intrigued!! Am totally up for Haldon and it's in the diary, but need to confirm with SWMBO, and will need to give a little time for the dust to settle after I tell her about the East Peak ;) She may well be up for it as well - don't know. Though it will be the weekend after the wedding, so not quite sure about the plans just yet...

well the surprise could possibly be useful at a later date
not now i dont think :?

erm will have a looksee tomorrow at whats what in the daylight
and sort stuff

bolts might be m12 at a guess, but i never bothered to find out

Good question!

Have edited the original post to make anything on which there seems to be a plan in italic, with the person whose kindness I'm intending to take advantage of at the end of the item.

That means my three things left to go are - rear wheel/cassette (but not important - will be able to ride it without by swapping out the wheel from my other bike), but more importantly - forks and grips.

Obviously, if comes to it, grips can be had cheap enough on eBay. Am still trying to figure what to do for the best re: forks...

Back