Which headset is nearly as good as King but less costly?

Hi,

Race Face?

It's about the only one i ride, since 1996. I got the latest model on my bike for 3 years, work good, very little maintenance, i cleand the bearing and new grease this year. Works great, and no so expensive. Ritchey are good product in generals.

Campagnolo record ..

one that has not been mentioned and after using them on road bikes for many years can highly recommend them,, high quality and better than king imho and cheaper.. they also have a seal on them that can be removed and new grease pumped in via a grease gun,, like the wtb ones..

Kings are great, but over rated and over priced.

Token Tiramics are beautiful, well made and reasonable - yes...... i have got one for sale :LOL:

As in the "for sale" bit, in blingarama gold

P1090219.jpg

Pay the extra and get a King, one of mine is now 17 years old and still going strong on my very regularly used singlespeed, every other headset I've tried on other bikes has died within 2 years!

Just to echo what others have said here: Campag Record, Hope and Raceface have all given (and are still giving) long service.

My Raceface Real Seal finally seized its lower race after continual use off road since 1997. £10 of replacement bearing off CRC and we are back in business until (I hope) 2025 :cool:

FSA orbit XLII.

ive had the same one for over 10 years, and snapped 3 hardcore hardtail frames (including a planet X jack flash and azonic DS1), and folded two sets of forks(inc marzocchi Z1s) with it fitted, yet its still in perfect condition bar for a bit of cable rub. no cracks, no deformation, still on the same set of bearings. its been cleaned and regreased each time its gone between frames, and thats as much maintainance as its had. it was £30 back then, theyre 25 quid now. get a conix top bolt too, way better than a head doctor and less than half the price.

Back