Which headset is nearly as good as King but less costly?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
There must be some less well known ahead headsets that are nearly as good as King (assuming King is the best?), but for less money?

Any ideas?

I recently picked up a Token tiramic, very similar shape to a King(possible copy) but very nicely made. There was one for sale in the for sale bit. Apart from that Hope of course and there is a deal on a turquoise cane creek in CRC.

cheers guys. Saw some Token stuff when looking at BBs - never heard of them before. Are they OK all round the range then?

I have a couple of Acros units installed on various Pace's. Looks are good, quality is nice (they are made in Germany, its a given) and they often get good reviews.

Also just looked at their site and it looks like they are making some nice looking **hydraulic** derailleurs now too! Always nice to see different companies having a crack at the big boys.

http://www.acros.de/?XTCsid=cc5462407e3 ... d681e13480

I'd say the token quality was up there, but haven't used the one I have. Lack the kudos of yer king though but then again nothing else is near them for bling. Any reason not to choose the King?

Back