MTB riding...indoors?

Well id say that was the worst camera angle i have ever seen, you could see bugger all. Not that there was much to see anyway, not something id be intrested in going to, there isnt anything like that in the UK is there?

Yes the angle was poor, but I guess that's a problem with chest mounted cams?

I don't think there is anything like that in the UK, mind I don't know if there would be any demand either. We're such a small country, you can easily get to a fantastic ride very quickly by car.

I can't help but feel that most trail centres/XC rides would be safer than this place too, certainly the rides I go on seem to have softer landings in most places. ;)

some good points
i would love a go though!

'oh you and you singlespeed'

well guy you were pedalling out with your 20? gears! :LOL:

Horrible, Mountainbiking for me is an excuse to get out into the country and enjoy the sights and just explore. I dont really get on well with trail centres either, it reminds me of a visit to ikea on a weekend with the enforced directional path that saps your will to live. Sure there are off piste shortcuts through the kitchen display area but ultimately every one has to shuffle through the flatpack zone to finish.

This is the ultimate evolution of the trail center, and I dislike it!

My guess is - I don't know, that it probably isn't seen as an end in itself - it's probably just skills practice, right?

I guess it fulfills the same niche as dryslope snowboarding, treadmills (or exercise bikes) at the gym, or indoor climbing walls. It's not supposed to be a replacement for the real thing - just somewhere to practice and keep your chops up mid-week, or when you can't bust out to the real thing.

No, it doesn't massively appeal to me either, but then I live reasonably close to some halfway decent trails...

yawn.

all looks so slow and boring tbh. yeah there's a bit of skill involved in riding skinny stuff, but the main part of off roading is flying along at speed not tottering about.

Back