Bontrager Race project *Finished*

I bet your happy with the results. Not sure about the red rear hub love the frame :cool:

Great result there Steve - been watching this build develop.

The colour is awesome. Almost a shame to get it dirty ;)

The rear mech is a precision billet items. I'm not sure on it's ability to shift in the dry yet as mr-screw-on-cassette is non hyperglide. The Red screw on hope hub is a reminder of what I was planning to do with the bike, which was singlespeed, a different colour and red anodised parts. Then I went off on a tangent. Funds got muched up elsewhere and the hub has to stay for a while.
I'm on a hunt for some chainstay protection before I ride it and chip the paint to bits.. Gaffa tape for the time being. :LOL:

WOW :shock:

Really nice build up you did here, only thing is the ringle bottlecage and rearderailleur colour is not my kind of style icw this bike.

Overall great looking!

I've been playing with it again. I swapped the RC-30 fork for a Bontrager triple crown jobbie, it looked great, but unfortunately it was too short for the frame and the steering still felt a little wrong. I managed to lay my hands on a RC-31 and some canti adaptors which have sorted the handling out a treat and compliment the suspension corrected geometry.
I swapped the Syncros stem for a slightly shorter Salsa one when the forks got swapped.

The freewheel in the rear screw on block died the other weekend and after a unfruitful search for a decent quality 8sp screw on block I've decided to single speed it to make my weekday loop ride a little more interesting and see how I get on. If I don't like it I'll build another back wheel with a freehub.

ssbonti.JPG

I went for a 35 mile ride yesterday on the beast. I'm impressed with the ground I covered with one speed and the gradients you can climb at a pace if you have no option but to get out of the saddle and stomp on the pedals.
The bike feels extremely agile and you can notice the loss of weight.
ditchling.JPG

Back