Helmet advice

TDIfurby

Retro Guru
Now I don't own a helmet at the moment - had one years ago but god knows where it ended up.....

So, on the lookout for one and wondered what was considered the best for performance, but more importantly for me, best value for money. ;) Probably think a full face one is a bit of overkill.

I also have an incredibly fat head, so would need to be XL. My trackday helmet is XL too, and thats a tight squeeze....

not sure about sizes and that but i think some cool looking ones are fox flux and 661 recon i think

that kind of shape
reasonable prices too

if that helps?! :LOL:

I have a Giro Xen and it fits my fat noggin lovely. Do have the biggest size they do though.

My melon head is 7 3/4 (62cm) and I find i can only wear a large Specialized. Giro are very tight, likewise Catlike and Bell. I often have to sand bits out to get them to fit properly which can't be good!

Just purchased an XL Bern Hard Hat for bicycling & skating - very happy with it. And not too expensive.

I ended up buying a Bell XLV from Ebay which was about £10 or so cheaper than Halfords (etc) RRP

Looks OK and fits my big bonce fine!

XLVBlack-lg.jpg

Back