HELP!! Fork tuning

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Being a relative new-comer to the world of suspension, I.m hoping someone can offer me some tips on how best to set-up my 2010 Marzocchi MX Pro LO forks.
I've messed around with the air pressure, which has improved things, but whats the rebound adjustment all about??

Sorry for being a pleb with all things modern, but this is retrobike after all :D

The rebound is how fast the forks return from fully compressed.

Wind the adjuster fully on way and you will notice either the forks returning slowly or to fast :LOL: they might knock your teeth out.

Wind the adjuster so it's at the fastest then back it off 1-2 turns until you find a nice balance.

Is there nothing in the manual on the site on how best to set them up for your weight? I usually follow the instructions for my weight and then tweak in minor bits from there.

Forgot Marzocchi forks use a low pressure pump, you can use a normal high pressure one but this can be a pain in the ars.

What year are they?

giant one - 2010 :LOL:

i normally just have to play around with my air preload on my marz forks

set it, note it, ride it, change it, repeat as necessary
do 5psi a time

cyfa2809":2ogkwtuj said:
giant one - 2010 :LOL:

i normally just have to play around with my air preload on my marz forks

set it, note it, ride it, change it, repeat as necessary
do 5psi a time

:roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers guys!
I rode today and didn't notice a huge difference after messing around with the rebound.
I did however notice a huge difference when I forgot I'd locked them out before flying down the fastest downhill section!
Luckily I'm used to shaking like a sh*tting dog, from years of riding rigid :D

Will mess around with the air pressure a bit more and see how I go

i did that once when i locked my new fangled rear shock and then jumped some steps

oof that was weird and hurt a little!

Latest posts

Back