Ribble 653 Record updated

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ribble0026038494.jpg

stolen doctor-bond's photo for now, until i get some of my own.

after a number of recent road rides where i liked everything except the bike, this came up at the perfect time for me, and i LOVE it

it has a full shimano 600 setup, except 105 hubs, and is minty.

i've changed the saddle and post to my taste, fitted a 39t chainring (i'm hill-phobic) and will be rebuilding the rear hub for 8 speed, but that's it. it's great just the way it is!

updates

switched to a 39t front chainring. Bristol is hilly.
rebuild the rear wheel with 8-speed but otherwise matching hub. Everything else was 8 speed so felt rude not to really
fitted 12-26 cassette. Bristol is hilly
new tyres. the skinwall contis that were on there were cracking unfortunately.

IMAG0064.jpg

it is, but it fits nicely and handles beautifully. on my first ride out i was leaning this thing over about twice as far as my old road bike

Bringing this thread back because she's gone for paint after starting to look a little shabby in the last year or so

The infamous "653 Record" decal is causing some interest - Reynolds have none, so I asked Nick @ H Lloyd and he's never seen one either. He's going to try to get Reynolds to extend his licence (he's not allowed to do post-90 decals unless Reynolds specifically permit him, usually because they no longer have stock)

Re:

She's painted.

Wearing a good quality flamboyant paint job and nothing else, the frame weighs 1.8kg, fork 640g

Back